Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I replace "DUAL MOTOR" emblem with "P3D+"?

Should I replace DUAL MOTOR with P3D+?

• Yes-way cooler

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • No-keep it factory

Votes: 63 75.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I (think I) like the look of the P3D+ emblem over the DUAL MOTOR emblem, especially with the new "TESLA" letters on the trunk. Seems much sportier with P3D+...thoughts? (Yes, it's a new 2020 P3D(+))
IMG_2450.jpg

Just don't do this. (Sorry for the lousy photo quality...I was driving past and made my wife take the shot through the window, like, "Quick, get a picture of this now!")

upload_2019-12-25_22-41-35.png

(If I owned a P3D, I'd probably just leave the badging alone out of sheer apathy. I'm a boring Tesla owner.)

Bruce.

I personally think the Dual motor badge is ugly. Nothing wrong with putting a P3D badge on a P3D car, I think it's nicer looking and more descriptive in a smaller notation.

Agreed. I dont even have the Dual Motor badge on my car. I like the minimalist look. Anything else is like shouting "look what I've got!!" .. the visual equivalent of getting excited about exhaust noises.

• Love
Reactions: Sherlo
I was hesitant to put the dual motor red underline until I saw it and it was smaller than I expected so I like it. Besides if you are not a Tesla owner/fan you probably don't understand what it means. I've had a couple of people see it and ask me if it was AWD. Still haven't had the spoiler installed. Haven't seen a white car in person but in photos I don't like it. I think it look OK on gray cars though.

I am convinced nobody will notice whatever you have or do not have in badging except people who will know anyway. The absence of badging makes it a seriously ‘inside joke’
Seems to me that the P3D+ badging is an equally inside joke since it goes back to 2014 Tesla practice with P85+ and P85D. I do like the traditional solution.

Anyway my license plate is GAUS10K. There are quite a few others, including at least one on the board. It is somehow fitting to have some badging understood by none except cognoscenti.

Go for it! You might well make a few dozen and sell them to others among us with P3D+.

I have the dual motor underline badge on mine, but I'm thinking of taking it off. For the P3D, I think the red brake calipers and spoiler speak for themselves.

Having said that, that's for my car. You should do whatever you like and whatever makes you happy with your car.

Reactions: Dre78
Not quite. It’s just a non standard emblem for the car, not claiming it as a different configuration.
I personally just left mine off. It’s cleaner looking.
Non standard as in it is not OEM which makes it fit my definition as described in my previous comment. Too each there own. Do what makes you feel all giddy inside and enjoy your car....:)