Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I Sell My M3 MR

Should I Sell?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was offered $38K for my 2019 Red with Black interior M3 MR. The car has ~32K miles on it and has no AP or FSD. Given the chip shortage, I am wondering if it is worth selling my car for an MYP (Delivery March 2022). I have about 3 years and $20K left on my loan which would leave me with $18K if I accept the offer. I'm not in any rush to get an MYP and can wait another 3 years and/or when I pay off the loan but want to see if it makes sense for me to take this offer and take advantage of the chip shortage.

Just to add, the original total MSRP for my M3 MR was $44,100. The red paint was added on for free due to an end of quarter push.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Heck yeah! If you can go 2-5 months without a car this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to cash out of your old car at near-zero cost. There's a world of difference between the 3 and Y, between MR and P, and between 2019 and 2022.

Enter your VIN in Carvana, Vroom, CarBuyerUSA and any others mentioned in this thread, go with the highest bidder, and laugh all the way to the... well, actually cough up another $25K for that fancy new MYP.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Do you have a car you can drive while you wait for the MYP? I just went car shopping for my daughter and 1-2 year old ICE cars are selling for more than the MSRP of the 2022 model. If you have a car you can use SELL. Same for houses. If you have a second home SELL NOW!.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
i posted in another thread but yeah long story short SELL!

my estimated delivery date for a 2022 m3p /pup and FSD is feb 20 to march 20.

as data points - i got a 2020 m3p/pup/fsd financed with a 20K downpayment for 51K march 2020.
that same car, now with 19k miles , i just got an offer from driveway for 55K.

after my loan is paid off, i walk away with 20K.

i was not going to sell because i love my car but if i can get a newer version and pay about the same its a go for me !

Heck yeah! If you can go 2-5 months without a car this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to cash out of your old car at near-zero cost. There's a world of difference between the 3 and Y, between MR and P, and between 2019 and 2022.

Enter your VIN in Carvana, Vroom, CarBuyerUSA and any others mentioned in this thread, go with the highest bidder, and laugh all the way to the... well, actually cough up another $25K for that fancy new MYP.
agree, upgrade in year, space, performance.