Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I sell my model 3 and get a Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the way the used market is I was debating on selling my 2021 M3 SR+. Has about 15k miles, white outside, white seats on the inside not FSD, and standard wheels. I have all the windows tinted as well. I just got the car in May and I absolutely love it. But I want more range and I see that for used 2021 with 10k miles no FSD model 3's are going for about 50k in my area. Anyone think it's with to trade or try to sell to and try to get a Model Y? I owe only 35k on my 3 and Model Y delivery time says it would be July.

I sold my 2020 Model 3LR with 24K miles last month and replaced it with a brand new but otherwise identical M3LR delivered last week. The only change is that I did NOT get full self driving on the new one since I hadn‘t used it for w years on the older one.

with that change, my total out of pocket cost was $6,000 Including all taxes, fees, etc. it was worth it for me, I look at it as though I’d leased the old car for $250 per month for 2 years.

Your mileage may vary but the used car market is so hit right now the economics may make sense, especially if you can be without a car for a bit.

bob

Reactions: Jackk36
I really wanted to make it my own since I know now that I really like the car. Do people normally sell there cars here to sell privately or do they go to dealers?

TMC only allows sales in the marketplace, which is here:

Thats where for sale ads / talk go on TMC.

=======================

(Moderator note)

I changed your thread title, because "possibly selling model 3?" sounds like a thread I need to move to the marketplace. It appears that you are asking should you sell it and get a Y, so I changed the thread title and left it here.

I sold my 2020 Model 3LR with 24K miles last month and replaced it with a brand new but otherwise identical M3LR delivered last week. The only change is that I did NOT get full self driving on the new one since I hadn‘t used it for w years on the older one.

with that change, my total out of pocket cost was $6,000 Including all taxes, fees, etc. it was worth it for me, I look at it as though I’d leased the old car for $250 per month for 2 years.

Your mileage may vary but the used car market is so hit right now the economics may make sense, especially if you can be without a car for a bit.

bob
Did you trade it with Tesla or a different dealer/seller?

TMC only allows sales in the marketplace, which is here:

Thats where for sale ads / talk go on TMC.

=======================

(Moderator note)

I changed your thread title, because "possibly selling model 3?" sounds like a thread I need to move to the marketplace. It appears that you are asking should you sell it and get a Y, so I changed the thread title and left it here.
Sounds good! Thank you