Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I sell my refreshed model S to a dealer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hesitated to post here but since I have experienced this I'll go ahead anyway. I think you can get a good deal from a dealer as well. Not necessarily as high as an individual sale, but you can certainly get more for your car than you paid for it. How do I know? I just did it with my Refreshed Model S.

I had only put about 1300 miles on mine since November, when I bought it new from Tesla. I also previously owned a Model 3, so I've been a big Tesla supporter. But the issues with the lack of stalks, general poor UI (in my opinion), and always poor service just made me realize I was unhappy with the "car of my dreams", my Model S.

I'll probably be buying another Tesla again in the future, but for right now, I'm without one.

To my point and your question @Joelkandy yes, I say go for it. I got offers from Vroom, CarMax, Carvana, and an EV dealer in the midwest for my car. ALL of them were for much more than I paid for my car. So I went to my local Toyota dealer, where I had previously been eyeing up a loaded Venza, and let them run some numbers. Their offer was BETTER than CarMax's and very close to the other offers. I walked out of the dealer with a fully paid-for Venza and a large check in my hand. I netted more than I had shelled out back in November. LEt me know via DM if you have any questions and I'll be happy to supply details.

Reactions: Wilber
Upvote 0
I hesitated to post here but since I have experienced this I'll go ahead anyway. I think you can get a good deal from a dealer as well. Not necessarily as high as an individual sale, but you can certainly get more for your car than you paid for it. How do I know? I just did it with my Refreshed Model S.

I had only put about 1300 miles on mine since November, when I bought it new from Tesla. I also previously owned a Model 3, so I've been a big Tesla supporter. But the issues with the lack of stalks, general poor UI (in my opinion), and always poor service just made me realize I was unhappy with the "car of my dreams", my Model S.

I'll probably be buying another Tesla again in the future, but for right now, I'm without one.

To my point and your question @Joelkandy yes, I say go for it. I got offers from Vroom, CarMax, Carvana, and an EV dealer in the midwest for my car. ALL of them were for much more than I paid for my car. So I went to my local Toyota dealer, where I had previously been eyeing up a loaded Venza, and let them run some numbers. Their offer was BETTER than CarMax's and very close to the other offers. I walked out of the dealer with a fully paid-for Venza and a large check in my hand. I netted more than I had shelled out back in November. LEt me know via DM if you have any questions and I'll be happy to supply details.
do you mind me asking what you got for your S? Im considering selling mine so very curious how offers were!

Upvote 0