Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I sell my TSLA stock to buy a new Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought $5k worth of TSLA when I bought my 2013 Model S and if I sell it today, I'd have almost exactly what I'd need to buy a new Model S LR. I know next to nothing about Stocks, but I'm thinking it would be really awesome if my Stocks bought me a new Model S. It's long overdue. My 2013 is out of warranty now and I think it's time to let it go. What do you think? Sell the Stock or hang onto it and pay cash?

Hard to predict of course but seems unlikely Tesla share price will continue its fast rise of last few years. Still likely to continue going up just at a slower rate. You will likely never see a dividend in the medium term. Perhaps play safe and sell 1/2 shares.

If your retirement is fully funded then an expensive new car makes sense. If not then keep driving your current car and keep you stock assets for retirement. I’m sure if you get your current Tesla detailed very few would be able to tell the difference between that and a new Tesla.
I bought $5k worth of TSLA when I bought my 2013 Model S and if I sell it today, I'd have almost exactly what I'd need to buy a new Model S LR. I know next to nothing about Stocks, but I'm thinking it would be really awesome if my Stocks bought me a new Model S. It's long overdue. My 2013 is out of warranty now and I think it's time to let it go. What do you think? Sell the Stock or hang onto it and pay cash?
To be fair: an expensive car never "makes sense".