Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I take delivery of this Model 3 LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model 3 LR with quoted delivery window of Mar - April. My sales rep called and said that he had a vehicle available for me but it has a damage waiver. The HV battery pack has been replace with a $0.00 repair cost. I am unsure if I should take delivery of this vehicle. Is there something wrong with this vehicle? Or is it a new car and should I not be worried.

Im not sure how anyone can answer that for you. This depends on your risk tolerance. I personally would not, unless there was a discount on it (a nice one too). Whether you are as risk averse when spending 50-60k as I am would be the answer to the question.

Put another way.....

If I had just bought a brand new model 3, then found out after a couple of weeks that the HV battery had to be replaced because of something, I would be irritated, but would get over it pretty quickly, because the repair would be done by the manufacturer, and I wouldnt have any other recourse other than to deal with it.

If I was buying a brand new ICE vehicle, and the dealer said "Oh but I need you to acknowledge that we had to replace the engine on this one, but its good as new, and there is no additional charge or discount" I would say "thanks but no thanks".

Same thing on this... because you have a choice, I would say "thanks but no thanks" to a vehicle that has already had a battery replacement before I bought it. If it happened after I bought it, those are the breaks, but before I buy it, I can choose not to, and thats what I would do.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Upvote 0