Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I trade in my 2019 SR+ for the 2021?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I am neutral on the color.
But the following would be nice:
Power trunk
Chrome delete
Center console
Extra range(maybe better battery chemistry?)
Better windows and soundproofing
Faster computer
Faster car(sort of)

Power truck - sure
Chrome delete - very easy to remove yourself
Center console - sure but not 100% better
Extra range - too little to matter unless you drive 100% to 0% all the time.
Better windows/sound proofing - turns out to not be the case. same interior noise from tests
Faster computer - ? The computer is the same. Doubt your 2019 has HW2.5.
Faster car - no. The speed has not changed.

Hmm, are those changes worth the cost? That's up to you.

Reactions: Mr X
i just wanted to add. 2021 versions also come with a center console charging station, a USB drive for sentry mode. and the location where u plug in that usb drive is now located in the glove compartment where its password locked to make it harder for potential thieves to steal the drive to not leave any evidence behind vs the old way where they could just lift up the center console and take the usb drive... i had a 2019 SR+ (full auto) and traded it in for a 2020 LR (brought the holiday special enhanced auto) now im thinking about trading it in again for a 2021 LR. only thing thats kinda holding me back is the fact i’ll lose my enhanced auto pilot, nothing too big it’s just summon mode and the ability to move the car forward and backwards without buying the full auto drive which i really dont need but the summon function i actually use from time to time especially when its raining in the parklot i use to park my vehicle.

They should offer a yearly lease for people like you. Just continue to give them money nonstop.

They should offer a yearly lease for people like you. Just continue to give them money nonstop.

hmm maybe, maybe not... but i always get a pretty good trade in credit quote. so im maybe looking at adding (i think) 3k extra dollars to get all the updated features and a refresh on the car itself (tires, mileage, paint job, more secure location for the sentry usb not to get taken.) i didnt ceramic coat my 2020 u can see the swirl makes. i also may just get a white car this time and just full wrap it black

Attachments

• 8C756F26-60FB-494B-A2A2-03278BBDA113.png
    8C756F26-60FB-494B-A2A2-03278BBDA113.png
    287.3 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: imola.zhp
I think I am neutral on the color.
But the following would be nice:
Power trunk
Chrome delete
Center console
Extra range(maybe better battery chemistry?)
Better windows and soundproofing
Faster computer
Faster car(sort of)
Extra range is because Tesla got a better EPA test with the heatpump. The batteries are exactly the same and you'll likely see the exact same mileage during non winter months. I don't think the computer is faster.

Unless he gets a 2021 LR, his 2019 SR+ is better than the 2021 SR when it comes to factory foglights already installed (you can hard-wire them to work on a SR/SR+) and he also has the rear deck speakers and can easily hook up the Hannshow harness to make all of his factory speakers work.

The rest of the stuff that you get standard on a 2021 but not on a 2019 are readily available aftermarket and pretty cheap these days.

Reactions: B.K.