Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should i upgrade firmware or wait for fsd 10.69.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I bought a 2022 M3 last month with full fsd and am totally in love. My car came with 2022.23 and it is now telling me to upgrade to 2022.28.200.

I immediately enrolled in beta queue and have a safety score of 91. I know beta is only available on 2022.20. should I take the update to 2022.28 now or wait for 10.69.3 to be released and see what firmware it will support. Any chance it will support my current 2022.23 and not 2022.28? Thanks for the advice :)

Hi Everyone,

I bought a 2022 M3 last month with full fsd and am totally in love. My car came with 2022.23 and it is now telling me to upgrade to 2022.28.200.

I immediately enrolled in beta queue and have a safety score of 91. I know beta is only available on 2022.20. should I take the update to 2022.28 now or wait for 10.69.3 to be released and see what firmware it will support. Any chance it will support my current 2022.23 and not 2022.28? Thanks for the advice :)
First and foremost, congratulations on the new car!! It really is a beauty. And so much fun to drive!

Honestly, I would take the upgrade as it sits today. With an oddball release number like that (.200) - it's probably targeted for a very small set of vehicles, including yours. Typically where there are "under the hood" changes in new cars, you end up on a separate release of software for a short amount of time. I suspect that's where you are now.

And if that's the case, you won't get the FSD Beta software until it catches up anyway.

So my $0.02 would be to take the 2022.28.200 upgrade now, let it fix whatever it's fixing, and eventually FSD Beta will catch up to it. Could be a week, could be 6 months, but either way, I'd surmise the fixes in 2022.28.200 are likely more important... There's got to be a reason Tesla made a separate build just for your batch of cars.

First and foremost, congratulations on the new car!! It really is a beauty. And so much fun to drive!

Honestly, I would take the upgrade as it sits today. With an oddball release number like that (.200) - it's probably targeted for a very small set of vehicles, including yours. Typically where there are "under the hood" changes in new cars, you end up on a separate release of software for a short amount of time. I suspect that's where you are now.

And if that's the case, you won't get the FSD Beta software until it catches up anyway.

So my $0.02 would be to take the 2022.28.200 upgrade now, let it fix whatever it's fixing, and eventually FSD Beta will catch up to it. Could be a week, could be 6 months, but either way, I'd surmise the fixes in 2022.28.200 are likely more important... There's got to be a reason Tesla made a separate build just for your batch of cars.
Thank you so much.. its been my dream car for 2 years and no regrets :)

I think I will take it. It's just that there are a lot of rumors of 10.69.3 being released this weekend and I would be very annoyed if beta became available on my 2022.23 and not 2022.28, although I don't think that is likely as most people are on 28.

Thank you so much.. its been my dream car for 2 years and no regrets :)

I think I will take it. It's just that there are a lot of rumors of 10.69.3 being released this weekend and I would be very annoyed if beta became available on my 2022.23 and not 2022.28, although I don't think that is likely as most people are on 28.

Even if it were a 2022.23.x built, I doubt it would apply to your vehicle right away. That 2022.28.200 tells me there's "something" new for your vehicle -- and it may be something you'll never see, like a new controller chip or something -- so it's on a different software release train.

In other words, even if I weren't on FSD Beta, it's highly likely my 2019 Model 3 would never see 2022.28.200. So you're on a different set of releases than the 'main line' for now ... Eventually they all merge back together. Usually takes a month or for those "new car" releases to get merged into the main software line. And at that point, you'd wait for FSD Beta to open to new members again.

So no harm in my opinion taking 2022.28, since the next time FSD Beta will open up again will likely be after your "new car" software merges back into mainline.

Sorry, much easier for me to draw that out on a whiteboard than type it out!