Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I upgrade my 2019 SR+ with a 2021 SR+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new and used 3 pricing has changed so much since I started this thread it is now a no brainer for me to go ahead and take delivery of a new red SR+ as I reserved at $54,XXX price and now with price increases that cost is about $8000 higher. Also, due to the price increases, new purchasers even if willing to wait 7+ Months are no longer eligible for the $5K Federal EV tax credit which should push the resale price of my 2019 red SR+ with 51k up to the low to maybe even mid $50's. Craziness. My EDD is January right now but I'm hoping that may get bumped to end of December with the end of quarter push.

Last edited:
My 2022 Model 3 is scheduled for delivery on February 2, 2022. I'm about to list my 2019 Red with Black Interior Standard Range Plus 52k kms, still under warranty for sale privately in Southern Ontario. I'm thinking I'll list it for $53,900 which would make it the cheapest Red 3 for sale in Ontario from what I can tell. If you order a new one with the same specs from Tesla it would cost $62,590 + tax, no tax credit and you'd have to wait until Summer minimum for delivery. I think I have a little flexibility on price so if anyone knows someone looking to buy a car like mine right now for low $50's + HST PM me. Once the car is sold I'll do a final update and let you know if it was all worth it :)

Reactions: Gaggu P
My 2022 Model 3 is scheduled for delivery on February 2, 2022. I'm about to list my 2019 Red with Black Interior Standard Range Plus 52k kms, still under warranty for sale privately in Southern Ontario. I'm thinking I'll list it for $53,900 which would make it the cheapest Red 3 for sale in Ontario from what I can tell. If you order a new one with the same specs from Tesla it would cost $62,590 + tax, no tax credit and you'd have to wait until Summer minimum for delivery. I think I have a little flexibility on price so if anyone knows someone looking to buy a car like mine right now for low $50's + HST PM me. Once the car is sold I'll do a final update and let you know if it was all worth it :)
you will sell it fast