Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I upgrade my RWD M3 from hardware 2.5 to 3.0 now or wait for a possibly better CPU release?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've wondered this same thing. I'm on HW 2.5, due a 3.0 upgrade, purchased Dec, 2018. Wondering if I wait it out and see or go ahead with a 3.0 upgrade. There's no guarantee on the future I get that, but I'm not really missing out on much right now without the 3.0 upgrade. Perhaps if the FSD really gets great in the next 6 months/year it'll change my mind.

I've wondered this same thing. I'm on HW 2.5, due a 3.0 upgrade, purchased Dec, 2018. Wondering if I wait it out and see or go ahead with a 3.0 upgrade. There's no guarantee on the future I get that, but I'm not really missing out on much right now without the 3.0 upgrade. Perhaps if the FSD really gets great in the next 6 months/year it'll change my mind.

When HW4 comes out, there's not guarantee that Tesla will even upgrade you to that version. They may still stick HW3 in your particular car. In that situation, you'd have been "missing out" for a while. :)

Reactions: not4antoher