TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Should I upgrade to P90?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Niko0519, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Niko0519

Niko0519 Member

Hi everyone,
    I ordered 90D last month, order confirmed 21st July. Estimate delivery end of August, I am thinking pay the $500 change fee to upgrade to P90D, is that gonna delay my order? Is that worth $20,000?

2. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

Definitely think it's worth it. Also it may speed it up as they have typically in the past produced more expensive cars first.

3. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    I ordered an 85D then took a P85D instead and did the Ludicrous upgrade too when it came out. Was it worth it to do the upgrades? Rationally, no! Emotionally, alsolutely! I am now, 27,000 miles later, thrilled with the decision. Frankly, I would not recommend it for anybody for whom it would be a stretch.

• Like x 1
  4. taurusking

taurusking Member

Could not agree more ;)

• Like x 1
  5. RajendraD

RajendraD Member

Well said. I ordered 75D , then moved to 90D. IMO P90DL is fun but is not worth 20k.

6. taurusking

taurusking Member

I think you need to change your signature.:)..your signature still says 75D. BTW Congrats on Model X :cool:....My plan is to buy Model X when autopilot hardware 2 rolls out

• Like x 1
  7. cranker2k

cranker2k Member

I have been thinking about the same - upgrading to P90D from 90D. However, I'm not sure I can justify for the few times that I'll launch it.

However you might be too late, or need to do it quick. I called my DS to discuss about upgrading my tow hitch to tow package, and she said it's too late to change. My X90D with VIN 153xx is slated for early to mid-September local delivery. If you can for a fee, then I assume it will be delayed as they need to source different parts.

Let us know how your DS responds to your change request so close to production.

8. Niko0519

Niko0519 Member

I’m sorry but it looks like your car is gearing up to go into production (which is pretty good news!) Unfortunately we are too far along to make any changes.

This is her reply email. She told me will deliver end of this month, which is a good news for me, but I still want P90D, maybe P90DL. It is $20,000 for 5 years happiness. Lol. Maybe I will get a fully load Model 3 next year.

9. DougH

DougH Active Member

no not worth it. your insurance may go way up as well

10. RajendraD

RajendraD Member

When did you order your model X . Your signature says 7/22 confirmed and yours will be ready by this month end? Mine confirmed on 7/21. No contact from Delivery contact. I mailed him yesterday and still waiting for reply :(

11. Niko0519

Niko0519 Member

I ordered on 07/15, did u contact your DS? I got phone call on 07/22 morning (9:30am). What did you order? I think they produce 90 faster than other. Also depend the area.

12. Mjølner

Mjølner Member

If you got the money, hell yeah.
    If not, I wouldn't pay that much for 1 second