Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I wait for Model X Refresh???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate this thread as I have also been on the fence about buying now or waiting until there is a "refresh" (and even to see what other competitors bring to the market). But after taking a test drive and reading the comments here, well, it seems like there is no time like the present!

Absolutely! There are no competitors, except maybe the iPace if you want something a bit smaller and are prepared to wait in line. The X is still in a class of its own in terms of cabin space and flexibility.

Reactions: TexasRat
PA ZA what sort of model X features are you looking for, you might find some great deals in inventory?

Looking at a 100D with all options except FSD. I'm still on the fence on color (silver or white ...but that red!). Currently doing some home construction to add more garage space, so I am planning on placing my order in the next couple of weeks with hopes of a September delivery date, which should give me time to have somewhere to park it! Been lurking on this site for weeks and really appreciate all the good (and bad) experiences, comments, & discussions. Great community.

So pretty much fully loaded! I haven't seen many silvers, the white looks great with the 22 wheels but can make the car look even bigger, the red has to be with the black 22's. I have the red on my model S which changes shades of colour in the sun. white interior?

Definitely going with white interior. Looks stunning. The dealer had a white on white with the 22's on it when I did my test drive. Blew me away.

Reactions: Nerdy_Engineer
white on white with the 22's
You will just need a storm troopers outfit and mask.

Tesla-starwars_large.png

That's an over-generalization. My wife and I are both registered Republicans (although we think more closely along the Libertarian lines) and we each drive Teslas and have solar on our home. :p

Politicians i mean ;) I know they dont represent the people truly. My best friend is also republican and she believes in climate change haha. (and abortion, gay marriage...etc)

I know I am going to own a Model X but I am not sure if I should wait or buy now.

The discussions are filled with build quality issues that should have been fixed for MX already and that scares me.

It also seems the Model X may get the new M3 battery pack and HVAC system and look when they upgrade.

I want to wait for ventilated seats to be put in 100D and was hoping for some improvements in the seat. At 6'6 it would be nice if the seats could extend a bit to provide support. Don't need to be S550 seats but would be nice if they made them more comfortable.

I am torn between getting it now and waiting for them to refresh and getting some improvements.

Thoughts?

We had the same concerns and ultimately decided that we would always feel that way. I really want the cooling seats as we live in South Florida but ultimately we just decided to pull the trigger on the 100D. Between the tax credit and the M3 and the MY, I agree he has enough going on at the moment.

That's the one! A beauty!!! Can I ask why you ended up switching to the 20s? Range issues? Improved ride? Just curious, as I am also drawn to the look of the 22s.
There are many threads on the topic, my main reasons were more range, less wear, reduced flat tire risk. I'm looking into black 20" which there are many choices now. Or the TM sonic carbon 20", but that look can't match the black. I did have the 22" for several ski days and they were just fine for that.

Reactions: Kacey Green