Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should the Mach-E be removed from the roads?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any particular reason you didnt make this post a part of either the car and driver mach e thread:

Or, the existing thread specifically on the mach e:

Since both of these threads are on the exact topic of this vehicle, and opinions, etc about it?

Those threads discuss the features and advantages of the cars. I see that many of the more recent discussions move to quality and safety of the Ford's EV. So, discussion of the safety of the Mach-E and Ford's responsibility for taking care of EVs and not making the Mach-E a PR campaign to compromise the EV transition (that is a Tesla's goal) is the goal of this thread. Again, I am trying to diverse the Mach-E vs Model Y features and driving experience from Mach-E safety as a representative of the new breed of EVs.

Edit: just cancel me, moderators, please close this thread and remove me from the forum. ...

Ok... other than this reason:

Any particular reason you didnt make this post a part of either the car and driver mach e thread:

Or, the existing thread specifically on the mach e:

Since both of these threads are on the exact topic of this vehicle, and opinions, etc about it?
it has to do with an anti ford neurosis

Reactions: Doc Brown
Edit: just cancel me, moderators, please close this thread and remove me from the forum. ...
(moderator note:)

Although I am not a moderator of this subforum, I am a TMC volunteer moderator and can provide you some information regarding this request in this thread.

If you want to delete your account from TMC, you can contact the lead moderators (the only ones who can do that). You can contact them by either using the email address [email protected] or by PMing either @danny or @doug.

If you choose to contact danny or doug to delete your account and want to be prevented from posting on the site in the mean time, regular moderators can do that. If this is something you want to do, you can PM me with a request to block you from posting to TMC while you wait for your account to be deleted, and I will do that, if thats what you want.

Don't let them win!

Those threads discuss the features and advantages of the cars. I see that many of the more recent discussions move to quality and safety of the Ford's EV. So, discussion of the safety of the Mach-E and Ford's responsibility for taking care of EVs and not making the Mach-E a PR campaign to compromise the EV transition (that is a Tesla's goal) is the goal of this thread. Again, I am trying to diverse the Mach-E vs Model Y features and driving experience from Mach-E safety as a representative of the new breed of EVs.

(moderator note:)

Although I am not a moderator of this subforum, I am a TMC volunteer moderator and can provide you some information regarding this request in this thread.

If you want to delete your account from TMC, you can contact the lead moderators (the only ones who can do that). You can contact them by either using the email address [email protected] or by PMing either @danny or @doug.

If you choose to contact danny or doug to delete your account and want to be prevented from posting on the site in the mean time, regular moderators can do that. If this is something you want to do, you can PM me with a request to block you from posting to TMC while you wait for your account to be deleted, and I will do that, if thats what you want.

BTW, that emoji of a face there is not intentional. It was just a ": ) " (colon, close parenthesis) to put the words "moderator note" in parenthesis. I say this, because the emoji looks very insensitive there, and I am unable to edit it since I dont have mod access to this subform. When you type : ) together with no spacing, its shorthand for that specific emoji here.

It is great when ICE vehicle manufacturers enter the EV market, and spend a lot of money to promote their EVs. However, that should not be an experiment on the safety of customers. We know that safety is the number one priority at Tesla. Unfortunately, Ford does not keep safety anywhere close to the top of priority list.
Well sadly you lost all credibility with your opening statement. The entirety of Autopilot/FSD is "an experiment on the safety of customers" by Tesla. Autopilot/FSD has literally tried to kill me more than 5 times.

Pot, meet Kettle.

Those in glass houses......

etc, etc.

Well sadly you lost all credibility with your opening statement. The entirety of Autopilot/FSD is "an experiment on the safety of customers" by Tesla. Autopilot/FSD has literally tried to kill me more than 5 times.

Pot, meet Kettle.

Those in glass houses......

etc, etc.
You understand that Autopilot and FSD have very different functionality. Which one has tried to kill you ... but failed?
You understand that Autopilot and FSD are OPTIONAL functions which operational safety dependents on situational awareness of the operator.
You understand that gear selector failure and sudden power failure while driving due to a BMS hardware fault present immediate safety issue that cannot be mitigated by not using those systems.

I am glad we have arrived to a complete understanding. Have a wonderful safe day trying to kill yourself with Autopilot/FSD.