TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Should the "T" be more prominent on the Model 3?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by igotzzoom, May 28, 2015.

1. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Member

I'm sure there will be some similarity to the Model S, but I'm hoping the Model 3 will be a little bolder and more daring. One thing I'd like to see is a slightly larger and more prominent "T" at the front of the car. Do you think we'll see that when the concept is revealed next spring, or do you think it will be small and discreet like it is on the Model S?

2. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

Bold and Daring are not words I would associate with what we have heard of being representative of Model 3 so far.
    I'm expecting "understated but cool" or "elegant and functional" maybe :D

3. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Member

Okay. But do you think the "T" could be larger without being gaudy?

4. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

I do not believe Tesla Motors will move to a Maserati/Mercedes-Benz sized medallion in the grille any time soon.

5. MassModel3

MassModel3 Member

You see the vertical grille, you know it's a Jeep. You see the diagonal line across the grille, you know it's a Volvo. You see the twin oval shape grille, you know it's a BMW. You see the huge chrome plus sign, you know it's a Dodge, etc, etc.

You see the black nose cone, everyone will eventually know it's a Tesla. I don't see the "T" getting larger, but I do see the nose cone always being there in some way.

6. 1208

1208 Active Member

#6 1208, May 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Couldn't we have a popup of Nikola Tesla like the flying lady for the Rolls Royce.:biggrin:

7. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

Elon has said that Tesla will not have any "marker" of this type on their cars. Yes, both Model S and Model X has this nose cone, but I don't think the Gen-III cars will have it.

8. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Member

So just the chrome "T" on the tailgate? No logo on the nose?

9. MassModel3

MassModel3 Member

I don't think that Tesla will ever resort to large flashy logos, but I definitely think they will have the "T" on the front and the rear.

When you say "marker", are you referring to the corporate logo (the "T"), or the trademark black nose cone? Because I'm far from convinced either would go away on the 3, though I do think the nose cone will be less prominent. Tesla will always want their cars to be recognizable as Tesla's from both the front and the back. Selling a car that is not screaming out "Look at me, I'm a Tesla" can't be the best for business. They are going to want everyone to know that the car in front and/or behind them as they're driving the road is a Tesla.

10. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

The nose cone. He definitely was referring to "the twin oval shape grille" from BMW, and similar on other cars, when he said that. Of course it will be a logo in the front, and I have no idea if it will be bigger og smaller.

11. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

Tesla Motors_-_Model S RED Front 105.jpg
    Oh. I thought you were talking about having a gaudy, oversized emblem, up front and center... Like Mercedes-Benz has taken to for the CLA-Class, for instance.
    2014_mercedes-benz_cla-class_front_lt_1113131_600.jpg