Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should the "T" be more prominent on the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure there will be some similarity to the Model S, but I'm hoping the Model 3 will be a little bolder and more daring. One thing I'd like to see is a slightly larger and more prominent "T" at the front of the car. Do you think we'll see that when the concept is revealed next spring, or do you think it will be small and discreet like it is on the Model S?

You see the vertical grille, you know it's a Jeep. You see the diagonal line across the grille, you know it's a Volvo. You see the twin oval shape grille, you know it's a BMW. You see the huge chrome plus sign, you know it's a Dodge, etc, etc.

You see the black nose cone, everyone will eventually know it's a Tesla. I don't see the "T" getting larger, but I do see the nose cone always being there in some way.

You see the vertical grille, you know it's a Jeep. You see the diagonal line across the grille, you know it's a Volvo. You see the twin oval shape grille, you know it's a BMW. You see the huge chrome plus sign, you know it's a Dodge, etc, etc.

You see the black nose cone, everyone will eventually know it's a Tesla. I don't see the "T" getting larger, but I do see the nose cone always being there in some way.

Elon has said that Tesla will not have any "marker" of this type on their cars. Yes, both Model S and Model X has this nose cone, but I don't think the Gen-III cars will have it.

Elon has said that Tesla will not have any "marker" of this type on their cars. Yes, both Model S and Model X has this nose cone, but I don't think the Gen-III cars will have it.

I don't think that Tesla will ever resort to large flashy logos, but I definitely think they will have the "T" on the front and the rear.

When you say "marker", are you referring to the corporate logo (the "T"), or the trademark black nose cone? Because I'm far from convinced either would go away on the 3, though I do think the nose cone will be less prominent. Tesla will always want their cars to be recognizable as Tesla's from both the front and the back. Selling a car that is not screaming out "Look at me, I'm a Tesla" can't be the best for business. They are going to want everyone to know that the car in front and/or behind them as they're driving the road is a Tesla.

Tesla Motors_-_Model S RED Front 105.jpg

Oh. I thought you were talking about having a gaudy, oversized emblem, up front and center... Like Mercedes-Benz has taken to for the CLA-Class, for instance.
2014_mercedes-benz_cla-class_front_lt_1113131_600.jpg