Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should wait for a used Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The general market situation for cars seems to slow down, and Musk stated that prices could decrease if inflation gets better.

Considering this, should I wait on pulling the trigger on a used Model X? How likely it is that the prices will improve shortly?

I know it is a guessing game, but I am open to hearing other opinions.

Thank you!

The general market situation for cars seems to slow down, and Musk stated that prices could decrease if inflation gets better.
It's a good question and yes a guessing game. Regarding Mr. Musk's opinions on economics is that I can't trust him to give reliable answers in a field where he is more of an expect, so I certainly can't trust his opinion in an area where he is not. :) I wouldn't be good at guessing the near future of the market either. If I could, then I would own an island somewhere. It's just my stupid guess that prices may not move much one way or the other. Just buy it.
Side note, I would guess you were never in a war ;)

Considering this, should I wait on pulling the trigger on a used Model X? How likely it is that the prices will improve shortly?

I know it is a guessing game, but I am open to hearing other opinions.

Thank you!
What is your timeframe? Months or years. In two years or so the price situation might be better with more used Xs appear on the market and competition from other brand's SUVs increases. But even then, I do not see the price dropping a huge amount. Tesla will no doubt continue to raise the costs of new Xs which slow the decrease in price of used Xs. And as EVs become more mainstream there will be more buyers looking for them.

I guess it depends on how much you want to save. I don’t see used MX dropping more than the depreciation in the next year. Wait it out long enough and get an off warranty unit. You’d save some. But then you have a whole other set of costs to factor in.

Reactions: jboy210