Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shouldn’t Canadian orders benefit from US taxes in December?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a lot of the southern neighbours trying to delay the delivery to get the tax credit in 2022, should we see more Canadian EDDs in December? I haven’t seen anything in the forums, but wouldn’t it make sense?
Instead I see a lot of posts about Tesla trying to “force” old orders to be fulfilled.

With a lot of the southern neighbours trying to delay the delivery to get the tax credit in 2022, should we see more Canadian EDDs in December? I haven’t seen anything in the forums, but wouldn’t it make sense?
Instead I see a lot of posts about Tesla trying to “force” old orders to be fulfilled.
I would think they would have limited bandwidth to move vehicles from Fremont to different places and they can't just increase volume sent to one place especially if the increase is just temporary.

I would think they would have limited bandwidth to move vehicles from Fremont to different places and they can't just increase volume sent to one place especially if the increase is just temporary.
I think (obviously don’t know) that they would use a third party, shipping should be done based on demand , well in a normal industry. Although, they would have had to have done some forecast. Anyhow, shipping shouldn’t be an issue, or not a huge one anyways IMHO.

I ordered my M3 SR+ in October, originally quoted April, ‘22 delivery. In late November they assigned a VIN and I picked it up on Dec 2. I’m in Tennessee. I was not wanting to delay to ‘22 to take advantage of a possible, potential, maybe tax credit, I just wanted my car as soon as possible, so was happy to take one off the hands of someone who rejected early delivery to hold out for BBB. Whether it was redirected from another delivery destination, or whether it was always destined for Nashville I have no idea, and likewise no idea as far as implications for delivery dates in Canada. But the basic idea you’re putting forward sounds plausible.

Reactions: in2survive