TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Shout out to my(your) Los Angeles HPWC installer

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Watts Son, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Watts Son

Watts Son Member

Sep 22, 2015
    West Coast USA
    Got several estimates from the Tesla electrician list and none were under $1500. Had a great general contractor recommended by a friend come out and do it for $850. Ran 50 feet of #4 cable in 1 1/4 inch conduit from service box. Also put in a NEMA 14-50 outlet (close to garage sub panel) for another $350. Great guy to deal with -seemed like a fair price more in line with our East Coast brethren. Anyone in L.A. feeling like install prices are crazy can PM me ( I didn't get permission to post his number online but may soon).
    This might be a good thread to post any other installers you guys like as well
  2. MrJones390

MrJones390 Space Boat

Jun 26, 2015
    Los Angeles
    LA Solar. Have them do your solar panels and EV charging set-up at the same time.