TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Shout out to Nick Howe: Owning Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by chriSharek, Mar 23, 2016.

1. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

Wow! If anyone is lurking out there and considering Model S, look no further! You have GOT to get a copy of Nick Howe's book, Owning Model S. He has done a fantastic job of piecing some of the history, development, and his ownership experience brilliantly into a great easy-to-read book.

I had the pleasure of meeting him in Tallahassee, FL last fall during an EV rally we had on the Capitol. He was extremely knowledgeable, but humble at the same time. Little did I know I was speaking with such a great writer! Kudos.

GREAT JOB NICK HOWE!

• Like x 1
  2. Soundchasr

Soundchasr Member

Just finished it. Very good book. I could still use a little more information about the "technical" aspects of the battery, charging and range.

3. dlv1984

dlv1984 Amp'd

I know it's easy to Google, but care to share a link for the lazy?

4. Soundchasr

Soundchasr Member

• Like x 4
  5. Nickjhowe

Nickjhowe Member

Thanks so much guys!!

• Like x 1
  6. Maximus8

Maximus8 Member

Agreed. It's a great resource for current and future owners of the MS. I purchased about a month before delivery. There is a section that contains a list to regarding what to watch for during your delivery day.

• Like x 1
  7. ModelZ

ModelZ Member

I recommend this book to anyone even thinking about owning a Tesla (Roadster, S, X, or ≡).

It's not expensive, it answers a lot of questions n00bs have, and it's just a good read.

Thanks for the excellent work, @Nickjhowe!

• Like x 1
  8. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

I have the original, but didn't realize there was a second edition. My wife and I spoke with Nick at ReFuel at Laguna Seca a year or two back. Nice guy, highly recommend the book.

• Like x 1
  9. Whitmarsh

Whitmarsh Member

This is indeed a helpful book but I believe it was published before Autopilot was released, so it does not cover v7. It is also available as an e-book, by the way.

• Like x 1
  10. Maximus8

Maximus8 Member

Most the information in the book can be found somewhere in this forum. The book @Nickjhowe wrote puts everything in a nice concise and easily read format. The book has a few references to members of this forum.