Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shout out to Tesla Mobile Anaheim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SHOUT OUT to Tesla Mobile Anaheim. I so wish I could edit the title...ugh.

Summary:
In short, I was on a road trip with the family at Disneyland when I got the dreaded "Your 12V battery has insufficient charge. Please contact service to have it replaced". I know exactly what happens when the 12V dies. Luckily, I was going to be in Anaheim for 2 more days so I scheduled a service request, pleading my case to help me as I was far from home. The next day I had a mobile service appointment. The mobile crew came out to my hotel, replaced the battery and left me with an "Enjoy the rest of your trip!" message in the app. I was stunned, surprised and thankful I had a Tesla.

TL;DR
Road trip to Disneyland from the bay area. Wife did NOT want to take the Tesla because it was too long of a trip for 5. But gas being $6.00/gallon vs. free unlimited super charging...I plead my case and won. She was still miserable on the drive in back with kids (mom up front).

Suffice it to say, after the first day at the park, tired and hungry, my stomach sank when I saw this message on the screen "Your 12V battery has insufficient charge. Please contact service to have it replaced". My first thought was to call a lawyer because I wasn't sure my marriage was going to survive if we got stranded. But I quietly scheduled a service appointment while eating dinner and pleaded my case to Tesla.

Next morning I woke up to a Tesla service appointment for 12:00 to 4PM. In my mind I knew that Tesla Mobile should have no problem coming to my hotel to fix the 12V but being IN the situation at the time, all I could do was think of all the reasons that it wouldn't work out. "Sorry we can't do repairs on private property", "Sorry that was an automated appointment, we can fit you in next week", "We don't have any batteries", etc., ... the list in my head goes on and on.

I decided to take one step at a time. I was VERY communicative in the app asking questions like "do I need to be there?" "I can meet you while the family is at the part", etc. I even parked near a side road, took pics of the car location and backed in the spot to make it more convenient. All they ever responded back with was "Enjoy your trip".

So I left with the family for Day 2 at the park. While waiting in line for a ride, I received a push notification on my mobile with a message from Tesla "your car is being serviced". I could see the front trunk and side door were open from within the app. To be honest I was kind of dumbfounded that this was even happening, even though it all seemed totally reasonable for a mobile appointment. I guess I was shocked that this was a bad situation that wasn't supposed to be this easy to fix.

Suffice it to say, by the time I got to the front of the ride, I received a new notification "your car service is complete" and a message from the tech saying "Enjoy the rest of your trip"!

I bragged about this Tesla story to no less than 10 people that day. Totally saved me a ton of worry time driving home and maybe even a few legal fees. ;)

HUGE THANK YOU to Tesla Mobile Anaheim for fitting me in and saving my sanity.

Untitled (500 × 720 px).png

(Admin note: Image added for thumbnail)

Summary:
In short, I was on a road trip with the family at Disneyland when I got the dreaded "Your 12V battery has insufficient charge. Please contact service to have it replaced". I know exactly what happens when the 12V dies. Luckily, I was going to be in Anaheim for 2 more days so I scheduled a service request, pleading my case to help me as I was far from home. The next day I had a mobile service appointment. The mobile crew came out to my hotel, replaced the battery and left me with an "Enjoy the rest of your trip!" message in the app. I was stunned, surprised and thankful I had a Tesla.

TL;DR
Road trip to Disneyland from the bay area. Wife did NOT want to take the Tesla because it was too long of a trip for 5. But gas being $6.00/gallon vs. free unlimited super charging...I plead my case and won. She was still miserable on the drive in back with kids (mom up front).

Suffice it to say, after the first day at the park, tired and hungry, my stomach sank when I saw this message on the screen "Your 12V battery has insufficient charge. Please contact service to have it replaced". My first thought was to call a lawyer because I wasn't sure my marriage was going to survive if we got stranded. But I quietly scheduled a service appointment while eating dinner and pleaded my case to Tesla.

Next morning I woke up to a Tesla service appointment for 12:00 to 4PM. In my mind I knew that Tesla Mobile should have no problem coming to my hotel to fix the 12V but being IN the situation at the time, all I could do was think of all the reasons that it wouldn't work out. "Sorry we can't do repairs on private property", "Sorry that was an automated appointment, we can fit you in next week", "We don't have any batteries", etc., ... the list in my head goes on and on.

I decided to take one step at a time. I was VERY communicative in the app asking questions like "do I need to be there?" "I can meet you while the family is at the part", etc. I even parked near a side road, took pics of the car location and backed in the spot to make it more convenient. All they ever responded back with was "Enjoy your trip".

So I left with the family for Day 2 at the park. While waiting in line for a ride, I received a push notification on my mobile with a message from Tesla "your car is being serviced". I could see the front trunk and side door were open from within the app. To be honest I was kind of dumbfounded that this was even happening, even though it all seemed totally reasonable for a mobile appointment. I guess I was shocked that this was a bad situation that wasn't supposed to be this easy to fix.

Suffice it to say, by the time I got to the front of the ride, I received a new notification "your car service is complete" and a message from the tech saying "Enjoy the rest of your trip"!

I bragged about this Tesla story to no less than 10 people that day. Totally saved me a ton of worry time driving home and maybe even a few legal fees. ;)

View attachment 871724
Thanks for sharing! We had a similar experience two years ago when we were on vacation in St. Augustine, Florida. We got the same 12V message and submitted a service request via the Tesla app to our home service center in Tampa, Florida. Seamlessly, they forwarded the request to the Jacksonville Florida service center and they dispatched a technician to our condo in St. Augustine. He replaced the battery in the parking lot of our vacation condo at ZERO cost! It was absolutely one of the most amazing experiences of vehicle ownership in my 45+ years of driving! Many thanks to Tesla for the paradigm shift in vehicle ownership!

• Love
Reactions: wipster

Summary:

TL;DR

View attachment 871724
Thanks for sharing! We had a similar experience two years ago when we were on vacation in St. Augustine, Florida. We got the same 12V message and submitted a service request via the Tesla app to our home service center in Tampa, Florida. Seamlessly, they forwarded the request to the Jacksonville Florida service center and they dispatched a technician to our condo in St. Augustine. He replaced the battery in the parking lot of our vacation condo at ZERO cost! It was absolutely one of the most amazing experiences of vehicle ownership in my 45+ years of driving! Many thanks to Tesla for the paradigm shift in vehicle ownership!