Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shoutout to Watertown SC.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're scheduled to leave for our annual Christmas trip early Saturday morning...so, of course....

this past Sunday, my frunk latch failed. Not great, but recoverable. I attempted to schedule an appointment for it, but they are slammed through late January, and no slots were available. Degree of difficulty, I still needed it done soon-ish, as it's going in for PPF on January 5th. We'll be in VA for the holidays, so I scheduled my frunk to be looked at down there on the 26th.

Cut to Monday.....the car developed a bone-rattling shudder that became downright dangerous at anything over 50mph.

I took the car to a local place that I won't name for reasons that will become apparent.....they rebalanced the wheels and sent me on my way. It was marginally better, but not quite. My commute doesn't normally allow me to go much over 60mph for very long (Rt 2....).

I had somewhere to be in the middle of the day yesterday, when highways were mostly clear...and the shudder was not only still there, but worse. I dialed the toll-free Service Number (and not Watertown's local number). When I first described it, I was told a Ranger could be out 48-72 hours from now. I explained that at that point, I saw it as a safety issue. The rep found me a timeslot today.

I brought the car in and they were ready for me. Jessie did my intake, and she mentioned that my frunk latch needed to be looked at and if parts were available, they would take care of it.

Long story short, the local place misbalanced my wheels, which Tesla fixed. The local place DID rotate them, so that was nice......and Tesla took care of my frunk.

My sanity during our 1500 miles of driving in the next 10 days has been saved....I'll be in my EAP-enabled Model 3, with the frunk available for storage.

I know things are crazy for them right now, so I just wanted to take a moment to show them some appreciation.

I know these forums occasionally get read by Tesla employees, and I hope this one is, too. We (Tesla owners) appreciate you guys. Keep fighting the good fight. What you're doing, enabling sustainable transport by keeping us on the road, is important.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Festive Kwanzaa, and Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Sincerely,

A Happy Customer

Thanks for writing up this positive story. Human nature is that people are quick to share complaints, slower to share praise.

For what it's worth, I've serviced three Teslas exclusively at Watertown over the past nearly six years - even took delivery of my S there. I've had great service nearly every time, other than a couple of times that the then-reception person was repeatedly very slow to update on work that took longer than expected.

Thanks for writing up this positive story. Human nature is that people are quick to share complaints, slower to share praise.

For what it's worth, I've serviced three Teslas exclusively at Watertown over the past nearly six years - even took delivery of my S there. I've had great service nearly every time, other than a couple of times that the then-reception person was repeatedly very slow to update on work that took longer than expected.

I had a CPO S for a short time (about 8 months) before my Model 3 came in, and I had a less than perfect interaction with Watertown, all due to communications issues. There was a new face (to me, at least) there today, and she did a great job.

Reactions: chjch
Just have to say that the Watertown SC is excellent. Went in the day before christmas to get my keyfob paired with my car.I had lost one of my lug nuts(probably at the car wash), didn't even mention it and they replaced it!

Let me add my kudos to the Watertown Service Center folks. On 2/14/21, the Boston area received 6 or so inches of snow. Afterwards, the temps went down to the teens. Even though we had cleaned as much snow from our Model X as possible before darkness set it, a bit more snow fell and it froze on the car. On 2/15/21, as we were preparing to depart the Boston area to return home, I had to thaw out the X. I tried to gently break free the windshield wipers which were frozen to the windshield. I THOUGHT I had it completed, but when I tried to put the wipers into service mode, the right side stuck and then broke. I knew we would need wipers on the trip back home, so we decided to stop by the Watertown SC to see if they could help. Well, they were fabulous! They immediately had one of their personnel look at it and bring out new blades, and then replaced the broken one on the spot. We were in and out within 20 minutes. Much thanks to the team at Watertown!!!!