TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Show and Tell at local Sr Center

Discussion in 'Model S' started by teslasguy, Aug 18, 2014.

1. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

I recently did a presentation on Tesla and the Model S for the local Sr. Center in West Chester, Pa.
    Very enthusiastic crowd. Here are some pics, including screenshot of their web page advertising the event...

Sr Center Newsletter-Tesla.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-5.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-12.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-15.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-28.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-30.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-33.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-34.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-36.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-38.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-41.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-43.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-45.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-48.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-50.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-51.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-52.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-53.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-54.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-57.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-58.jpg Tesla Aug. 6-60.jpg

2. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Nice work. The lady with the walker in picture 10 makes me nervous :)

3. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Yeah, that walker got a little close to the car there. :scared:

4. Kapenagary

Kapenagary Member

Nice going John. Way to spread the word. I may not be quite to their age, I'm only 72, but I'll bet that a lot of older people are just as interested and concerned about things like the environment as much as the younger generation (maybe even more so!) And you would almost have to be dead to not be interested in the latest technology.

I salute you for your presentation and hopefully I will be driving my Tesla well into my 80's.

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

John, what a great way to bring information to the community! Not everyone is online seeking out info, but it doesn't mean they might not be interested. imo, You're doing exactly what needs to be done - bring the information to where people are. I love this thread! We all need to do more of this.

Sending positive reputation your way :).

6. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

Thanks Bonnie. I'm also one of the computer lab volunteers at this center and I'm constantly amazed at how tech savvy many if them are. And on the lighter side I caught one old gal "permanently borrowing" my poster that I had made for educational events like this that I do. When I asked her if she really needed it she replied "I know someone I think can afford to buy one of these and I want to show it to him." Of course I gave it to her and she left smiling.

7. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

Yikes. I didn't notice how close that walker got before! Now I have to go check my front passenger door!

8. steve841

steve841 Active Member

No good deed goes unpunished .....

Nice job! I couldn't do it unless it was a loaner vehicle and not mine.

9. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Tha lady brandishing the stool in Pic 19 looks like trouble as well. Just kidding, great job at spreading the word. I was at a family event a few months ago, and more or less the oldest guy there, weill into his 80s, if not older, knew as much as I did about TSLA, Musk and the Model S. Lots of reading time I guess!

10. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Member

LMAO! That's the first thing I thought when I saw that picture too!!! :)

11. tezco

tezco Sig P85

Were any of the folks old enough to remember the earliest EV's?

12. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

There were a number of folks in high 80s.
    I heard no one talk about it. I should have asked that question during my talk.
    Especially since so many people think this is a new idea.

13. mdbuehler

mdbuehler New Member

Quite cool! I've been doing some activities at assisted homes around here using virtual reality / simulators. Seniors can be very tech savvy if given a chance. I've even seeing a lot more tablet PCs and wireless networking being used too.

How long was your presentation? This looks like it could be fun to try over here (as soon as my car arrives :) ).

14. DriverOne

DriverOne Member

Looks like and the car garnered a good bit of interest. Your poster looks wonderful especially printed at that large size. The photo showing the underside with labels looks useful too - have you a download for that?