Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show me those Arachnid wheels / Spiders!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had mine installed today, also the avatars have been updated to reflect the arachnid design!

Attachments

• IMG_0028.PNG
    IMG_0028.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 497
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    696.8 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 456
I'll post some pictures later, but the most shocking thing about these rims is how light they feel. I had to change my steering setting to compensate... It's crazy! I bet these are way way more efficient... probably very close to the slipstream wheels in terms of efficiency. They may be a just a tiny bit louder than the regular turbines though, which kind of surprised me, I could be wrong about the sound, but I'm not wrong about the steering, a big difference.

I would love to see Tesla to get motortrend to do a standardized test on the rim efficiency of arachnids versus turbine versus slipstream versus aeros.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlatSix911
How did you get the avatar updated? I thought it was possible.... and this proves it! That is awesome!

I asked the service center if they could change it, they said they could but it would only reflect in the app, that in the car the image would be the 21 in turbines. While I was there someone reached out to Tesla who said the avatars in the cars would get the image update in a future software release. So if you have your service center switch it on their end you might only see it in the app until Tesla updates the car.

Reactions: buttershrimp
Did anyone else notice the super sports are not the acoustic version that normally come with the car? I was wondering why the arachnids were so much louder until I checked this and sure enough, different tires ! I can’t believe how much a difference it makes!

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Cowby and Az_Rael
My touchscreen, dash binnacle and Tesla app each shows proper arachnids, but they are silver on screen vs gray in reality. When I first got them put on in May they said they didn't have the gray art for the screens yet, so I was stuck with silver at the time. Swapping to my 19" snow tires in 2 weeks, so I guess I'll have to wait until next summer to see it corrected.

Attachments

• IMG_1241.JPG
    IMG_1241.JPG
    668.1 KB · Views: 445
Did anyone else notice the super sports are not the acoustic version that normally come with the car? I was wondering why the arachnids were so much louder until I checked this and sure enough, different tires ! I can’t believe how much a difference it makes!

Incorrect information ... I received the Acoustic Michelin Super Sport Tires mounted with new TPMS on the Arachnid wheels :cool:

Incorrect information ... I received the Acoustic Michelin Super Sport Tires mounted with new TPMS on the Arachnid wheels :cool:
Uh oh, did I get the sloppy leftovers? I can't hear myself think! I'm going to have to go out to the garage now and triple check... please don't let me be wrong god.... can't be possible. But, you probably have the referral program wheels from last cycle? Not the silver ones from the current? It seems more likely that I'm wrong about this but I'll double check.

Uh oh, did I get the sloppy leftovers? I can't hear myself think! I'm going to have to go out to the garage now and triple check... please don't let me be wrong god.... can't be possible. But, you probably have the referral program wheels from last cycle? Not the silver ones from the current? It seems more likely that I'm wrong about this but I'll double check.

Yes, I have the Grey Arachnids from the first referral program ... perhaps that accounts for the different tire specs.