Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show me what's under the hood!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped at the local 7-11 to pick up some milk a few minutes ago, and as I was standing on the cashier's line, another guy behind the counter said to the cashier "Do you see that sexy red car out there? What is it?" The cashier replies, "It's a Tellsa, and somebody's taking pictures of it." So with the mispronunciation I knew I'd have some education to do.

Turns out the guy taking pictures had an F-Type Jaguar and was there to buy gas. His shooting photos of my Model S suddenly results in a crowd of about 6-7 people surrounding the car, all asking questions of me once they figure out I'm the owner (the Tesla hat was the give away). One asks, "Show me what's under the hood." So I said to the group, "Sure, let me show you what's under the hood", knowing I'm going to have great fun with this one. So I pop the frunk cover and a hear a collective gasp from the crowd. Next, "Where's the engine?" So now I have a great opportunity to do some PR for Tesla and electric cars, which I proceed to to. The guy with the Jag admits he wish he know about the Model S before he bought his F-Type then says the Tesla will be his next car. Spend another 5 minutes answering questions about the cost, range, speed, etc before the crowd finally disperses.

Great fun making more advocates for the Tesla and electric vehicles.

This happened to me at Autozone a month or so ago.

I heard the collective gasp from all the Autozone workers when I popped the frunk.

Then one guy asked how the stereo was. I said it was pretty good and then asked him what he wanted to listen to. He sort of shook his head and said to play whatever I had "in the CD." Of course my reply was, "no, tell me what you want to listen to." This was followed up by, "Man, you don't have what I listen to." My response: "Try me." He smirked at bit: "All right, play me some Ja Rule." At this point I proceeded to invoke the voice command and Slacker...more collective gasps and "ohhhhhs."

Another answer to the question-- great for carrying presents home from wife's birthday bash (as well as 4 adults and their long-weekend luggage)! :smile:

IMG_2463.JPG

I find that women in particular are really jazzed by all that additional storage space in place of an engine!

We had a particularly fun event - went to pick my brother up at the airport and he insisted on putting his suitcase in the frunk. There was a line of people at baggage claim and I popped the frunk and nonchalantly tossed his bag in and closed the hood. You could see the expression on peoples' facing wondering what the %^% we were thinking as we pulled off.

Stopped at the local 7-11 to pick up some milk a few minutes ago, and as I was standing on the cashier's line, another guy behind the counter said to the cashier "Do you see that sexy red car out there? What is it?" The cashier replies, "It's a Tellsa, and somebody's taking pictures of it." So with the mispronunciation I knew I'd have some education to do.

Turns out the guy taking pictures had an F-Type Jaguar and was there to buy gas. His shooting photos of my Model S suddenly results in a crowd of about 6-7 people surrounding the car, all asking questions of me once they figure out I'm the owner (the Tesla hat was the give away). One asks, "Show me what's under the hood." So I said to the group, "Sure, let me show you what's under the hood", knowing I'm going to have great fun with this one. So I pop the frunk cover and a hear a collective gasp from the crowd. Next, "Where's the engine?" So now I have a great opportunity to do some PR for Tesla and electric cars, which I proceed to to. The guy with the Jag admits he wish he know about the Model S before he bought his F-Type then says the Tesla will be his next car. Spend another 5 minutes answering questions about the cost, range, speed, etc before the crowd finally disperses.

Great fun making more advocates for the Tesla and electric vehicles.

I had the exact same experience last Saturday at a local grocery store with a Jaguar owner...who whose very disappointed not having a Tesla :smile:

We had a particularly fun event - went to pick my brother up at the airport and he insisted on putting his suitcase in the frunk. There was a line of people at baggage claim and I popped the frunk and nonchalantly tossed his bag in and closed the hood. You could see the expression on peoples' facing wondering what the %^% we were thinking as we pulled off.

Had that same experience at the grocery store. My husband dropped me off and then went and parked at the back of the lot. When I came out, with a 12 pack of Sam Adams he drove up and stopped in the lane as I was walking out to meet him. I yelled out for him to pop the frunk and I nonchalantly opened the frunk, put the beer in and shut it. I get in the car and he says the couple walking out behind me had this bewildered look on their faces as they watched me put the beer in the frunk. Probably thought I'd already had too much to drink. :smile: