Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

show me your brown e... er, tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
jerjozwik,
Great thread to see, as I'm also totally smitten with the Brown one. Never seen one in the wild yet though. Please tell me that you will be getting the light brown leather interior too...

2012-12-17_11-50-34 smaller.jpg

Brown Tesla Model S Canceled; Elon Musk Is Dead To Us

We had our X picked out in brown for sure.

Its going to be a sad morning at our house when I tell wife and daughter sorry but no brown. :(

I wouldn't worry too much. By the time Model X production kicks off in Q3 2015, they'll have the new paint line up and running and I'd be willing to bet many more color options. Take this as just a temporary measure while they pair down options to meet demand this quarter, with all of the D orders.

I wouldn't worry too much. By the time Model X production kicks off in Q3 2015, they'll have the new paint line up and running and I'd be willing to bet many more color options. Take this as just a temporary measure while they pair down options to meet demand this quarter, with all of the D orders.

Wife is not happy, 11 yr old daughter does not want another Tesla anymore.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 11.01.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 11.01.35 PM.png
    357.3 KB · Views: 454
I LOVE my brown Model S. Have had it for two years and I still get unsolicited compliments all the time on the color. I've never had a second thought on if it was the right choice. =)

View attachment 63191
I've got what may be the one of the first production Sycamore Browns, P-83, vin 1571. And it still is our favorite. But I have to admit that part of the initial appeal was that it would likely remain unique. Unlike silver/black/white/red. Am considering a 2nd MS and not sure what I'd pick.

The brown with grey wheels looks really good, surprised they canceled the brown, especially for the X.

No colors have been announced for the X. They dropped brown and green for now to help streamline production to meet the end of the year crunch. They are upgrading the paint shop next year, before the Model X comes out. That should allow them to add more colors back in, I'd wager.

Considering that the prototype and sample Model X on the website are unique colors, ones not seen on the Model S, I think it's safe to say that some sort of brown is still in the cards for the Model X.

Personally, I hope this color happens:
bg_01_modelx_prod-05-kc_0.jpg