Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show me your centre consoles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't stand piano black soft plastic trim. It looks awful in a base spec Corsa, it looks awful in a £100k M6... at least it does as soon as a speck of dust or rogue fingerprint ruins the perfect inky darkness. And don't get me started on how it looks after a wipe down or two, with swirls and marring all over the place!

When I collect my new M3P a centre panel wrap is in order. I'm not entirely sold on Di Noc faux carbon, but I'm still open to suggestion. Presumably other people have done the same thing? What have you had success with? I'm leaning toward some of the dark brushed metal 3M 1080 vinyls at the moment. Over to the room...

Abstract Ocean have loads of different choices and are well regarded. I personally like the brushed titanium effect one they have.

Model 3 Center Console Vinyl Wrap

I’m planning to get my centre console PPF’d with the rest of the car, which should hopefully end up looking nice and being fingerprint free.
I was just looking at them actually. The other option I'm looking into is a clear matte protection film, something like Xpel Stealth.

I would but I have Di Noc Faux Carbon so not much point.
Whatever you go for I recommend the DIY approach i.e. not using a template. I did mine using the technique from this video. it was easy and the result is flawless.

fyi. no blowtorch required. hair dryer works just fine. you do need a nice scalpel sharp thin craft knife though

Reactions: Boggle
I do quite like that, to be fair! I spy the rubber cup holder inserts as well. I think I might have to do an Abstract Ocean shopping trip :D
And ditto from Abstract Ocean:

D008091E-19B3-4CB1-8BB4-F94484732118.jpeg

Reactions: Gatsojon and Durzel
I bought the brushed black metallic (BR212) wrap from Abstract Ocean but decided to wait before installing to see how the console fared. After 4 months, my centre console is scratch free and spotlessly clean so I have decided not to bother with the wrap after all (PM me if anyone would like to purchase the wrap I now have spare).

Model 3 Center Console Vinyl Wrap

When choosing the finish, not all are equal.

Abstract Ocean FAQ https://www.abstractocean.com/model-3-center-console-vinyl-wrap/ said:
Q. Which is the best (or worst!) option for fingerprints?

A. Most of the options resist or hide fingerprints very well. The brushed and carbon fiber options completely hide them. Satin White is the next best, followed by Satin Black and Matrix Black. The matte black, as you'd expect, does tend to show fingerprints or greasy marks more than the other options. But, it's also our most popular option (by far).