Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show me your chrome delete on black. Not sure on finish

What finish chrome delete with black?

• Satin

• Matte

• Gloss

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

phantasms

Mr Self Destruct
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2019
White Mountains, NH
Hi all. I'm thinking about finally doing a chrome delete. The issue is I'm not sure what finish to go with as I think it will make or break it. Satin? Gloss? Matte?

My car is black with white interior and no tint. Aero wheels in the winter and gloss black TSS 19's in the summer.

What are your thoughts?

If you have chrome delete on a black car please post photos.

Thank you!

Best,
Gene

I asked this question a few years ago and most of the ppl and installers who got back to me said they wrap in satin. The wrap guy also did say that satin provided the perfect balance of shiny and dark which would help with it being noticeable. Caveat is that he did say this was the case on every car except for black (I had a MSM).

For Black, he said he still did a fair amount of satin but he had some cases where the owners picked black. Because black was shiny, the matte helped the wrap be noticeable. So a bit of the opposite from the other cars. He also said that he almost never did gloss.

I have a chrome delete (matte) on a black car.

Edit: At least I think it’s matte. It almost looks like they did satin.

E4A8CBD8-A8F0-4860-BCFA-DDF29947CA97.jpeg

8BAECBFE-5D8C-4999-ACE3-07FE4123569E.jpeg

Do you guys have any lifting along the top/bottom and corner edges of the side cameras?

My profesionally done chrome delete has lifting around those areas, and although the detailer is going to redo it, they initially may it seem like its normal since its difficult to get it to sit down around those areas.

Yes, it's "crept" back twice now for me.

I said eff it and bought actual carbon fiber caps. Looks better in my opinion.

20200121_195015137_iOS.jpg

Here is mine in 3M Black Satin. Personally, with the factory paint and viewing close up, the satin matches a bit better. From 10 feet away, I doubt you could tell much difference. It bothered me too much when I was close to the car to tolerate the matte finish, but that's just me. Either way you go, it gives the car a much sportier look for sure! Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: phantasms