Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show Me Your Coils!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It had the 21's, but it still felt "smoother" over the bumps than my 19's with air. In the loaner, there was a solid "thump-thump" going over freeway imperfections whereas in my car, it's a much harsher "bang".

Interesting, given that you have 19s which would imply a softer ride. Maybe much of the improvement has been contributed by improvements in build quality and suspension tweaks?

Looking forward to getting my P85 in October for obvious reasons, but also to do a thorough comparison with my first early car.

It had the 21's, but it still felt "smoother" over the bumps than my 19's with air. In the loaner, there was a solid "thump-thump" going over freeway imperfections whereas in my car, it's a much harsher "bang".

i really like the thump thump too. i go to the airport several times a month (and have been doing that for several years) and there is this NASTY seam on the I-5 south in the fast lane that has been a real doozy on most of the cars i've had thus far (with the exception of our SUV). like it would definitely be more of a "BANG" and sound like the car chassis took a beating (and this is in expensive cars). normally i try to avoid that seam but 90% of the time we are in a hurry in the fast lane.

today i drove over that same seam with my coil MS at full speed (75-80 mph) and braced myself, but it was very tame and just a simple thump thump. i was impressed (and relieved).