Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show 'N' Go motorized front plate for refresh Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen this used on a refresh Model S? When I checked the car at the showroom it seemed like it might fit in the same spot that the bracket is that ships from the factory. I wanted to have the factory bracket removed when I have an Xpel wrap done and also have this installed if it's possible but without a car to fit it on it's hard to tell if it would work. Hoping someone with a refresh nose can investigate some and report back.

Dimensions I found are 11 x 13 x 1 inches. It seemed like the bracket would have to go beyond the grill that is in front of the radiator but the grill felt like it had enough play that you could probably sneak the motor through it if you pulled down a little bit on it. Would be a nice touch to clean up the nose and avoid tickets.

License Plate Frames - Altec Products Inc.

Clever product!

There's ~5 1/2 inches to the grill and ~8 inches to the radiator (if you cut an opening on the grill). So this would not be anywhere close to flush.

It could be mounted under the bumper cover, like with the Corvette.

However, if mounted at the bottom of the bumper cover, it seems highly vulnerable to getting roached by pulling into curb stops or steep driveways

For current Model S owners, do you already have any scrapes under your front bumper? This would have gone first...and you may even have lost your plate.:eek:

And another keyfob to deal with...and remember to use.

Otherwise, pretty cool :cool:

Clever product!

There's ~5 1/2 inches to the grill and ~8 inches to the radiator (if you cut an opening on the grill). So this would not be anywhere close to flush.

It could be mounted under the bumper cover, like with the Corvette.

However, if mounted at the bottom of the bumper cover, it seems highly vulnerable to getting roached by pulling into curb stops or steep driveways

For current Model S owners, do you already have any scrapes under your front bumper? This would have gone first...and you may even have lost your plate.:eek:

And another keyfob to deal with...and remember to use.

Otherwise, pretty cool :cool:

Ah That's a shame. Need a more compact version. I really want to remove the front plate but don't want to deal with getting stopped. I would probably leave it out most times but being able to hide it when I wanted would be nice. Maybe the non powered would fit, Looking at the specs on amazon the non powered one shows 14x2x10 which doesn't make sense to me and I don't know which is the depth. I would think the manual one would be smaller overall. Might be worth getting one and seeing how it fits and looks but I'm not sure.

How about some strong magnets behind the bumper cover (and behind the plate)?

Should be no problem staying on when parked. Not so sure about on the road. (You could try this with a "dummy" plate first).

The other option is to use some clear Velcro.

In both cases, you'd probably need to mount the plate in a suitable frame so that the curve of the bumper cover mated with the attachment device.

Another thought: Suction cups mounted to the back of the plate or a solid plate housing.

All of these would be less convenient (and less fun!) than the Show-N-Go though.