TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Show new posts for watched forums?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by cinergi, Mar 15, 2016.

1. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Is there a way to do a "new posts" but for watched forums only? Don't point me at alerts/emails (too noisy) -- I want to hit a link and have it show all the new posts in the forums I care about like I used to be able to do. Thanks!

2. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I've been using the equivalent to the "watched threads" for a while now. Extra step to go one by one through the threads, but once your current post pointer is established correctly, it works reasonably well.

3. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

yeah that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I have enough watched forums that having to go into each of them is kludgy and time consuming. Before, I just had one list of all posts that crossed all forums I was interested in.

4. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

ugh and that shows if there's new posts in SUB forums (that I don't watch), too. Not good.

5. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I haven't yet found a way to do this cleanly. I want to avoid the alerts dialog if possible - but there's a way to have alerts send for any post in a forum (and you can exclude subforums), it's just not very clean.