Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off FSD by running a Roadster around Laguna Seca autonomously

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current autopilot can't do this. It has to follow the racing line, not just stay between the lines. And yes that's why I am suggesting it, because it will be a long time before the east to west trip is done. This might be a fun way to show it working today.

Current autopilot can't do this. It has to follow the racing line, not just stay between the lines. And yes that's why I am suggesting it, because it will be a long time before the east to west trip is done. This might be a fun way to show it working today.
Oh
Either way a controlled environment showing is useless.
It won’t amaze anyone, nor impress many tesla owners because it’s not real world.

It would be really cool to see a Roadster II SX (SpaceX) production car break records at Laguna Seca or any/all racetracks. If it can do it, I think it would be great for Tesla to also break records in the course with no driver in autonomous mode, why not.

Reactions: Shygar
Ever since it was announced I’ve wanted to tweet at Elon “hey Elon, do you think the new Roadster will be faster around the Nurburgring on autopilot or with a human driver??”
Alas, I refuse to sign up for twitter.

But, there are millimeter accurate scans of that whole track, and for a substantial number of people who will buy that car a record time would be a serious sales pitch. And for the Tesla boffins who make it happen, bragging rights for life.

Ever since it was announced I’ve wanted to tweet at Elon “hey Elon, do you think the new Roadster will be faster around the Nurburgring on autopilot or with a human driver??”
Alas, I refuse to sign up for twitter.

But, there are millimeter accurate scans of that whole track, and for a substantial number of people who will buy that car a record time would be a serious sales pitch. And for the Tesla boffins who make it happen, bragging rights for life.
That would be a fun ride too.

I think it's actually a very good selling point if it can drive me around Laguna Seca, likely faster and safer than any human driver. I will never be skillful enough to drive on a track fast, but certainly want to experience it, in my own car and technically in the driver's seat ;)

Reactions: Shygar