Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Show Off Your Aftermarket Model Y Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, for those of us in climates where we don’t see rain or snow—is the general consensus still that the Michelin AS4 are superior to the Pirelli summers?

I know lots of people desire the Michelins, and heck thats all I buy, but I can’t knock the feeling that summer tires might be better if you don’t need all seasons?

Only thinking in terms of handling/ride quality.

Here's my MYP with 20" VMR V802, Continental ExtremeContact.

After 100 miles, consensus is that it rides so much smoother and quieter than 21" uberturbine/pirelli combo. Seems like the crazy rough ride is from 21's and not the factory performance suspension that i'm still on.

These rims/tires also saved ~30 lbs of unsprung weight on all four corners. Not sure how much efficiency/handling will improve, but i suspect it's not insignificant.

96015.jpg

Update:
Wheels: Titan7 T-S5 20x9.5" +35 offset (Satin Titanium)
Tires: Michelin PS4S 275/40/20
Lugnuts: Project Kix R40 Iconix w/locks
Suspension: Ohlins coilovers, camber & toe arms and adjustable swaybars from @RedwoodMotors 👍
How do you like the overall performance on 20 with 275 tyres?
I’m thinking about going down from 21 to 20. MYP.
Also with ohlins, does the ride quality improve by far?

Reactions: beachbum
How do you like the overall performance on 20 with 275 tyres?
I’m thinking about going down from 21 to 20. MYP.
Also with ohlins, does the ride quality improve by far?
There is an improvment compared with the 21 inch. It‘s mostly noticeable on streets with uneven pavement or small cracks or potholes. If I have to quantify in numbers I would say that the ride quality is improved by about 7 - 10% over the 21 inch. Btw, my MYP is with 255 tires.

There is an improvment compared with the 21 inch. It‘s mostly noticeable on streets with uneven pavement or small cracks or potholes. If I have to quantify in numbers I would say that the ride quality is improved by about 7 - 10% over the 21 inch. Btw, my MYP is with 255 tires.
Thanks for input. That makes sense. 10% sounds pretty reasonable. Do you think that the improvement is coming from the inch down wheels setup? or the ohlins suspensions?