Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Show Off Your Aftermarket Model Y Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y Performance on TSS 18" Flow Forged Overland Adventure Wheel & Tire Package

TMY MSM 18TSSSYjpg.jpg

Reactions: mdsco and zpaul
I finally put on my Forgestar CF10. 20x9, +34, 255/40/20 Continental ExtremeContact Sport
MPP adjustable coilovers

View attachment 657081

I'm about to pull the trigger with this same setup, except going with the new Michelin Pilot Sport EVs. Have you had any issues with the Forgestar CF10's? The only thing worrying me right now is going from a 9.5" wheel to 9", and safety is one of my main concerns since this is a family car for wife+kid.

Reactions: pt19713
I'm about to pull the trigger with this same setup, except going with the new Michelin Pilot Sport EVs. Have you had any issues with the Forgestar CF10's? The only thing worrying me right now is going from a 9.5" wheel to 9", and safety is one of my main concerns since this is a family car for wife+kid.
No, no issues. The 255mm tire on the 9" width is perfect. I've done the math and it's perfectly fine. As long as you're not towing and have four very large adults in the car and the hatch is isn't loaded with 900 lbs of bricks, the tires and wheels can handle the load.

Last edited:
Hey there! I know this was a year ago. Any update on how the 10.5” square setup ran? Efficiency? Handling/rub/etc? I am looking at a wheel that comes in 20x9 or 20x10.5. I am torn.

Thanks!

Hey Rxilher! I still have the setup and we love it. Efficiency is less (maybe less than 10 wh/mi at highway speed? I don't know), though it's partially my driving and enjoying the handling and acceleration. Handling is great, seems to rotate better with a square setup. I did have a very slight rub on the passenger full lock (275/40/20), but I don't have it anymore. I went with this setup due to the offset. It makes it look more aggressive with a flush/slight poke in the wheels.

Hey Rxilher! I still have the setup and we love it. Efficiency is less (maybe less than 10 wh/mi at highway speed? I don't know), though it's partially my driving and enjoying the handling and acceleration. Handling is great, seems to rotate better with a square setup. I did have a very slight rub on the passenger full lock (275/40/20), but I don't have it anymore. I went with this setup due to the offset. It makes it look more aggressive with a flush/slight poke in the wheels.
Hey! Thanks! What do you mean the rub is no longer there? did you make a change or do you think it went away after wearing?