Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Show Off Your Aftermarket Model Y Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
18" TS5 in Satin Black x BF Goodrich Trail Terrain T/A x T Sportline Lift Kit x Satin Vampire Red

satin-vampire-red-tesla-model-y-18-ts5-zero-g-style-overland-off-road-2-wm.jpg

satin-vampire-red-tesla-model-y-18-ts5-zero-g-style-overland-off-road-4-wm.jpg

MORE PICS HERE

Reactions: whenryb and RedRox
Hey folks, new MYP owner here. I recently put some winter wheels and tires on: Fast Wheels FCO4 in 20x9.5 ET35, with 275/40r20 Michelin Pilot Alpin on all four corners. Weight was 57 lbs for tire and wheel. Compared to the Uberturbines (66.5 lbs f, 71 lbs r), that's a big improvement. I get that they're not as aero as the stock wheels, but I expect overall it won't be too bad moving to these given the weight savings. So far, the energy use seems similar. Obviously the curb protection is way better with the tires not stretched, and I much prefer the ride of 20s over 21s. Also I think the tires look a lot better when properly sized for the rim. No issues with clearance anywhere.

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

So...if you're thinking about getting some larger tires to protect from curb rash, here's why you do it. I'm embarrassed that I got the curb; I was momentarily distracted parking next to a curb and heard some squeaking. Oh, no! :eek: I'm better than this - really! Just takes a second... (FYI, I was thinking about a new coffee grinder I ordered and how to set it up. DF64, espresso, yum! And I can talk to people!)

Thankfully, I've switched to TSportline 19”s with Continental DWS06 Plus AS 275/45/19 tires - that's the slightly larger size for curb protection. Here's the "after" pics. You can see how I drug the tire about a third of a rotation - and there's zero damage to the rims. Zero, people.👍

You don't have to get the TSportlines of course, it's just easy. If you've got 19"s already, strong recommend! Is it less efficient? Maybe. I'm not seeing that with this tire/wheel combo from my initial couple hundred miles with the stock Uberturbines. But any loss in range and extra electricity usage just got paid for in a rim repair I won't have to do.

IMG_1067.jpeg
IMG_1069.jpeg