Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just quoted the following specs for the Palladium platform (2021.5):

Front
22x10 +22
Rear
22x11 +26

Before I order the wheels I just want to get a second set of eyes. Do these offsets sound right? I am looking for a flush setup and I plan to run 265/30 | 295/25.
Those offsets even with a 9.5F and 10.5R might poke out a bit. With a 10" front wheel, a +32 offset should be nice and flush and with 11" rear wheel, +40 to maybe a +38 offset would be flush. With the set-up you have, you'd be quite a bit more aggressive than the stock offset by 24mm F and 25mm R. Some members have similar offset you're asking about and they seem happy.

Last edited:
Your wheel selection looks great - and your Porsche rival still beats all including the 918. Well done!

View attachment 757599

Thank you. And that coming from a 918 owner 🤘 🙏
last one
8DC88146-A422-4D2F-932D-70A25191D49D.jpeg

Those offsets even with a 9.5F and 10.5R might poke out a bit. With a 10" front wheel, a +32 offset should be nice and flush and with 11" rear wheel, +40 to maybe a +38 offset would be flush. With the set-up you have, you'd be quite a bit more aggressive than the stock offset by 24mm F and 25mm R. Some members have similar offset you're asking about and they seem happy.
Thanks for the reply and I appreciate the opinion. I am looking for real world installations and preferably pictures. If anyone has installed the suggested offset's you reference above, I would like to see those too. I find it hard to believe that no one (other than @SignatureWheel who won't share because they have the secret sauce) has specs for proper fitment of 22x10 and 22x11 on the Palladium platform. I really like signature's wheels and may end up going with them, but I like to have options and knowing the proper specs gives us options.

@cmarshack Flush fitment for a Plaid is generally 12-15mm away from hub over stock with a mild drop and maybe 10-12mm at stock ride height. Someone chime in if they disagree. Other variables like tire selection and adjusting camber can come into play as well. The offsets you quoted are unlikely to be "flush" unless you drop the car with a lot of negative camber.

Here is a guy running 20mm spacers all around on the OEM 21s (lowered) and he is what I would call "aggressive flush". Your offsets would be 4-5mm beyond his fitment. --> My First Tesla-2021 Model S Plaid MSM-Pics

Reactions: Drew-MS
@cmarshack Flush fitment for a Plaid is generally 12-15mm away from hub over stock with a mild drop and maybe 10-12mm at stock ride height. Someone chime in if they disagree. Other variables like tire selection and adjusting camber can come into play as well. The offsets you quoted are unlikely to be "flush" unless you drop the car with a lot of negative camber.

Here is a guy running 20mm spacers all around on the OEM 21s (lowered) and he is what I would call "aggressive flush". Your offsets would be 4-5mm beyond his fitment. --> My First Tesla-2021 Model S Plaid MSM-Pics
Again, I appreciate the replies but when you say "Flush fitment for a Plaid is generally 12-15mm away from hub over stock" are you factoring in that the wheels I am looking at are 10"/11" and not 9.5"/10.5"? And I have seen that photo you reference and think it looks good, but again those are on OE wheels with 9.5/10.5 and the offset is basically the same as I am being quoted (+40/+45 - 20mm spacers = +20/+25). I think you might be right and that is too aggressive.

Again, I appreciate the replies but when you say "Flush fitment for a Plaid is generally 12-15mm away from hub over stock" are you factoring in that the wheels I am looking at are 10"/11" and not 9.5"/10.5"? And I have seen that photo you reference and think it looks good, but again those are on OE wheels with 9.5/10.5 and the offset is basically the same as I am being quoted (+40/+45 - 20mm spacers = +20/+25). I think you might be right and that is too aggressive.

When I said "12-15mm away from hub" its irrespective of wheel width - you need to calculate offsets yourself based on your desired widths

Reactions: Russell and Drew-MS
When I said "12-15mm away from hub" its irrespective of wheel width - you need to calculate offsets yourself based on your desired widths
I don't understand this statement. The plane of the wheel arch is not 12-15mm away from the hub; it's half the width of the wheel (lets say ~125mm) plus/minus the offset. The hub is the plane that the inner side of the wheel is flush with (mounts to). I assume you're saying the wheel arc is 12-15mm away from the wheel face on a stock wheel? As in, with a 12-15mm spacer a stock wheel would sit flush with the wheel arch?

Just trying to understand.

I don't understand this statement. The plane of the wheel arch is not 12-15mm away from the hub. The hub is the plane that the inner side of the wheel is flush with (mounts to). I assume you're saying the wheel arc is 12-15mm away from the wheel face on a stock wheel? As in, with a 12-15mm spacer a stock wheel would sit flush with the wheel arch?

Just trying to understand.

you are misunderstanding me, "away from hub" is just referring to the direction of movement...away from the hub NOT towards the hub. Simply put...the wheels need to push OUT 12-15mm to sit flush.

Reactions: Drew-MS and Neon001
Thank you! They’re 20x9.5 +22 / 20x10.5 +25 (if I remember correctly). Either that or the rears could be +30
Those are interesting sizes - I tried searching but can't find those specs online anywhere. I had these custom made since Volk didn't make a 21" version specific to the model S. My sizes are 21x9 et22 and 21x10 et25 which are close to yours but not as aggressive since I wanted to run stock size tires.
987A646E-2FB6-4C9E-80E7-DF27FCD77C46.jpeg
54279A9F-DA72-40DD-B4F9-2F925746D479.jpeg

Thanks for the reply and I appreciate the opinion. I am looking for real world installations and preferably pictures. If anyone has installed the suggested offset's you reference above, I would like to see those too. I find it hard to believe that no one (other than @SignatureWheel who won't share because they have the secret sauce) has specs for proper fitment of 22x10 and 22x11 on the Palladium platform. I really like signature's wheels and may end up going with them, but I like to have options and knowing the proper specs gives us options.
Lately I've been reading a lot and looking at pics of aftermarket wheels for the Plaid. The factory +40 and +45 offsets on both the 19" and 21" wheels look pretty good right from the factory. The wheels are not perfectly flush with the fenders but it's pretty close actually. Definitely a bit more aggressive fitment (in a good way) on my Plaid with stock 19s compared to the 21" turbine wheels that were on my prior P100D.
A few others have mentioned (and I agree) in order to get the wheels perfectly flush on your Plaid, you'll only need another 10-15mm from the stock 9.5"F (+40) and 10.5R (+45) regardless of wheel diameter. If I decided to use spacers, then I0mm on all 4 would probably look very close to flush.
Since I'm not going to lower my car and I want flush fitment with no poke, my desired offset on a 9.5"F is +28 and on a 10.5"R is +33. My wheels will be more aggressive than the stock fitment by 12mm.

I am sorry, and I don't want to be argumentative, but you literally just contradicted yourself with this statement. The distance you are referring to (12-15mm) is the offset and as you state in the second half of your comment, it is based off of the desired width. So it is not irrespective of wheel width.

As I stated in my original question I am not going to run 9.5/10.5 stock width so I don't really want to know what the correct offset for the OE wheels. The link you shared was helpful because he is running 20mm spacers on OE wheels which give him effective offsets of 20f/25r (vs 40/45) and offer a very flush fitment. What needs to be calculated is how running a 1" wider wheel effects the needed offset to have the same fitment.

That is what I am trying to get at.

Those are interesting sizes - I tried searching but can't find those specs online anywhere. I had these custom made since Volk didn't make a 21" version specific to the model S. My sizes are 21x9 et22 and 21x10 et25 which are close to yours but not as aggressive since I wanted to run stock size tires.View attachment 758064View attachment 758065

Nice wheels and good fitment.. Based on the info you provided, the pic of your rear wheel is just over 8mm more aggressive than stock.
Edit: sorry it's 13.65mm more aggressive than stock (20mm - 6.35)

Last edited:
I am sorry, and I don't want to be argumentative, but you literally just contradicted yourself with this statement. The distance you are referring to (12-15mm) is the offset and as you state in the second half of your comment, it is based off of the desired width. So it is not irrespective of wheel width.

As I stated in my original question I am not going to run 9.5/10.5 stock width so I don't really want to know what the correct offset for the OE wheels. The link you shared was helpful because he is running 20mm spacers on OE wheels which give him effective offsets of 20f/25r (vs 40/45) and offer a very flush fitment. What needs to be calculated is how running a 1" wider wheel effects the needed offset to have the same fitment.

That is what I am trying to get at.

Using an 11" wheel in rear is 1/2" (12.7mm) wider than stock, but only half of the 12.7mm (6.35mm) gets factored in to the fender.
With an 11" rear wheel and +25 offset....... it's 20mm (+25 from +45) and then would have to add 6.35mm to 20mm which is 26.35mm.

Reactions: cmarshack
Nice wheels and good fitment.. Based on the info you provided, the pic of your rear wheel is just over 8mm more aggressive than stock.
Edit: sorry it's 13.65mm more aggressive than stock (20mm - 6.35)
My stock wheels were 19x8.5" square. But if we're comparing them to the stock staggered 21" wheel setup, mine extend 28mm more in the rear and 24mm more in the front.

Stock 21" wheels
21x8.5 et40
21 X 9 et40

Custom
21x9 et22
21 X10 et25
7FFD02AA-9319-40DE-A8AE-89A529F811C5.jpeg
469E8B31-20EF-4BE0-8059-B8D3DF70CC68.jpeg
36FAF549-E692-4DB8-81B2-C7A80BB61CC3.jpeg
82C39BCF-A287-4FE9-83CB-2432210B555B.jpeg
9EB16F12-CB6B-4BF6-A578-CA0CCCAAA2F2.jpeg