Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using an 11" wheel in rear is 1/2" (12.7mm) wider than stock, but only half of the 12.7mm (6.35mm) gets factored in to the fender.
With an 11" rear wheel and +25 offset....... it's 20mm (+25 from +45) and then would have to add 6.35mm to 20mm which is 26.35mm.
Good catch, .5" not 1". And we are getting closer!

So ideally, to get the same fitment as @vic55 with his 21's (I know tires come into play but 265/295 should square up nicely on 10/11's) I would need to run:

- 22x10 et 26
- 22x11 et 31

Somewhere in another thread someone landed on 22x11 et32 in the rear, which is probably the right number to run with.

So back to my original wheel quote for:

- 22x10 et 22
- 22x11 et 26

That just feels way off and would poke a little too much

Reactions: Drew-MS

So ideally, to get the same fitment as @vic55 with his 21's (I know tires come into play but 265/295 should square up nicely on 10/11's) I would need to run:

- 22x10 et 26
- 22x11 et 31

Somewhere in another thread someone landed on 22x11 et32 in the rear, which is probably the right number to run with.

- 22x10 et 22
- 22x11 et 26

Yup if you want the same offset as @vic55 (20mm) then it’s +26 with 10” F and +31 (or +32 is fine) with 11” R.

Not seeing much mention of Martian wheels. Anyone have the 20" on their refresh? Pics?

Funny how they charge $2596 for the 20" MW03 and $4200 for the 20" MW05... That Plaid tax is real 🤣

With few hundred extra you can get some custom build wheel with lot more finishing and "Better Fitment"

- 22x10 et 26
- 22x11 et 31

- 22x10 et 22
- 22x11 et 26

You can put stock width and the setup you are looking for here, and it will tell you exactly how much is poking out.

Last edited:
My stock wheels were 19x8.5" square. But if we're comparing them to the stock staggered 21" wheel setup, mine extend 28mm more in the rear and 24mm more in the front.

Stock 21" wheels
21x8.5 et40
21 X 9 et40

Custom
21x9 et22
21 X10 et25View attachment 758099View attachment 758100View attachment 758101View attachment 758102View attachment 758103

That's aggressive! Unless you stretch those tires it looks like you're going to have some serious poke. It will look badass regardless!

Tesla did a much better job in wheel fitment for the Model S refresh - the wheels are much closer to flush from the factory. The older Model S wheels were much more sunken in and seem to require 20mm+ to become flush.

Tesla did a much better job in wheel fitment for the Model S refresh - the wheels are much closer to flush from the factory. The older Model S wheels were much more sunken in and seem to require 20mm+ to become flush.
Yes I agree 100%... My prior car (Model S P100D) with the 21" Turbines were way less flush compared to the stock 19s on my Plaid.

Reactions: MrPlaidz
Yes I agree 100%... My prior car (Model S P100D) with the 21" Turbines were way less flush compared to the stock 19s on my Plaid.
Well that’s stance vs. Range.
Insure the PLAID setup or pre 2021 +15-20mm spacers cost at least 7% range if not more.

The wider wheelsize almost standing in the bypassing airflow is a pretty massive sacrifice.

It’s about the perfect balance between looks and resistance and thus efficiency.

We will see record runs with the long range and some 19“ setup. But of course that won’t look cool -lol

Those are interesting sizes - I tried searching but can't find those specs online anywhere. I had these custom made since Volk didn't make a 21" version specific to the model S. My sizes are 21x9 et22 and 21x10 et25 which are close to yours but not as aggressive since I wanted to run stock size tires.View attachment 758064View attachment 758065

Yeah I don’t think they make this set in these specs anymore since the stickers inside state they were produced in 2015. I’ve only seen one other set of the TE37 Ultra Track Editions in the same specs for sale.

You were able to get Volk to make 21” TEs?

Would really appreciate some opinions and advice. After a lot of searching, I've narrowed down my selections to two options to replace my stock arachnids for my White '22 MS LR:

(Primary) Vorsteiner VFF-107: 20" in Carbon Graphite. Some example photos: https://s.yimg.com/aah/wheelsperformancecom/bmw-m4-gts-vorsteiner-flow-forged-v-ff-107-wheels-1.gif (not a tesla or even a white car); Tesla Model 3 - Vorsteiner V-FF 107 (white Tesla, but M3)

Pros: Ideal design (10/10 IMO), great color, quality brand, much better price, ride comfort (mainly 20 vs 21)
Cons: Heavy(er), cast (weaker), build time (2+ months?), size not ideal (prefer 21s)

(Secondary) BC Forged EH308: 21" in brushed black. Some example photos (not on a Tesla): Audi RS6 C7 Red BC Forged EH308 Range Rover Velar White BC Forged EH308

Pros: Forged (strong), come in 21" size, shorter lead time (~4 weeks), lighter
Cons: Much more expensive - when factoring tires, around $2k more, clean look but a little uninspired.

I'm leaning toward the Vorsteiners unless I hear good reason to do otherwise. Also looking for good 20" fitments for refresh Model S, if anyone has anything authoritative. I've searched and found a half dozen different specs depending on lowering links, alignment, etc.

Last edited:
Would really appreciate some opinions and advice. After a lot of searching, I've narrowed down my selections to two options to replace my stock arachnids for my White '22 MS LR:

(Primary) Vorsteiner VFF-107: 20" in Carbon Graphite. Some example photos: https://s.yimg.com/aah/wheelsperformancecom/bmw-m4-gts-vorsteiner-flow-forged-v-ff-107-wheels-1.gif (not a tesla or even a white car); Tesla Model 3 - Vorsteiner V-FF 107 (white Tesla, but M3)

Pros: Ideal design (10/10 IMO), great color, quality brand, much better price, ride comfort (mainly 20 vs 21)
Cons: Heavy(er), cast (weaker), build time (2+ months?), size not ideal (prefer 21s)

(Secondary) BC Forged EH308: 21" in brushed black. Some example photos (not on a Tesla): Range Rover Velar White BC Forged EH308

Cons: Much more expensive - when factoring tires, around $2k more, clean look but a little uninspired.

I'm leaning toward the Vorsteiners unless I hear good reason to do otherwise. Also looking for good 20" fitments for refresh Model S, if anyone has anything authoritative. I've searched and found a half dozen different specs depending on lowering links, alignment, etc.
That second set look kinda whack. How much are you wanting to spend? There's a reason why most folks on here are going with Signature Wheels, they are 'reasonable' for forged wheels, they are incredibly well made and Jamie will work with you to get the fitment you want, taking any of the guess work out of it. Oh and they have a range of designs and finishes.

That second set look kinda whack. How much are you wanting to spend? There's a reason why most folks on here are going with Signature Wheels, they are 'reasonable' for forged wheels, they are incredibly well made and Jamie will work with you to get the fitment you want, taking any of the guess work out of it. Oh and they have a range of designs and finishes.
I'm curious - what makes them look whack? Is it the photo vehicle? Probably a bad surrogate for a photo, but overall the design is a pretty standard mesh wheel. How about on this RS6: Audi RS6 C7 Red BC Forged EH308 Better?

I do appreciate the suggestion for Signature but I've looked at their designs and found a) they're 50% more for the same quality/strength as BC Forged, and b) I don't really care for their designs. I was a big fan of the SV104 (still am), but after considering more, I think the sloping, smooth GT lines of the S call for a more "closed" (mesh) design and not so much an open design like the 104. Closest thing for me in their lineup would be the SV105, but it's not *quite* right, and still about 50% more than the other forged wheels I'm looking at.

Reactions: FlatSix911
I'm curious - what makes them look whack? Is it the photo vehicle? Probably a bad surrogate for a photo, but overall the design is a pretty standard mesh wheel. How about on this RS6: Audi RS6 C7 Red BC Forged EH308 Better?

I do appreciate the suggestion for Signature but I've looked at their designs and found a) they're 50% more for the same quality/strength as BC Forged, and b) I don't really care for their designs. I was a big fan of the SV104 (still am), but after considering more, I think the sloping, smooth GT lines of the S call for a more "closed" (mesh) design and not so much an open design like the 104. Closest thing for me in their lineup would be the SV105, but it's not *quite* right, and still about 50% more than the other forged wheels I'm looking at.

Hit up @SignatureSales , they usually have promotion going on. They are only around $250 extra each vs BC when I purchase them. Since you are already spending big bucks on the wheel, might as well do it right the first time... So far I haven't seen any other wheel that has better fitment than Signature.

Also check out Signature SV707, they look quite close to EH308

Reactions: scrapps and Neon001
Hit up @SignatureSales , they usually have promotion going on. They are only around $250 extra each vs BC when I purchase them. Since you are already spending big bucks on the wheel, might as well do it right the first time... So far I haven't seen any other wheel that has better fitment than Signature.

Also check out Signature SV707, they look quite close to EH308

Huh, yeah I'll admit that's less than I thought. I'll reach out.

I was basing the pricing info on the $4k shipped figure I can get for BC Forged and the quotes on the Signature website ($6k for a set of 21s, doesn't say whether it includes shipping, so I'm guessing not). I'm surprised they're available for that much less. Still, $250 a wheel more than BC ($1k total) is a chunk of change for what appears to be similar build quality, finish, and reputation. Outside of Signature being a forum vendor here, is there a reason why Signature is favored over BC Forged?

The 707s look nice but I think I prefer the 105s you linked. They actually do look really slick on that white MSLR. 🤔

Huh, yeah I'll admit that's less than I thought. I'll reach out.

I was basing the pricing info on the $4k shipped figure I can get for BC Forged and the quotes on the Signature website ($6k for a set of 21s, doesn't say whether it includes shipping, so I'm guessing not). I'm surprised they're available for that much less. Still, $250 a wheel more than BC ($1k total) is a chunk of change for what appears to be similar build quality, finish, and reputation. Outside of Signature being a forum vendor here, is there a reason why Signature is favored over BC Forged?

The 707s look nice but I think I prefer the 105s you linked. They actually do look really slick on that white MSLR. 🤔

youre paying 250 more because of their presence on the forum and the ability to get the exact fitment you’re looking for from a company who’s done it a thousand times on your car.

Jamie drives a plaid. He will figure out your exact needs and deliver. i think the question really is wether or not it’s worth giving that up over 1000 bucks.

then of course the fact that nobody wants second hand BC,s when you’re done with them.

The ones on the Range Rover were completely flat at the back. The wheels on the RS7 look much better, and a similar look and color to what I'm having installed on Thursday with my SV701s. Wish you the best of luck, at the end of the day wheels are such a personal thing, so you should go with what makes you happy and not try and please other forum members. If you see strong feelings about signature wheels on here it's because people have been super happy with the quality of their product and the level of customer service you get from Jamie.

Reactions: Drew-MS and Neon001

(Secondary) BC Forged EH308: 21" in brushed black. Some example photos (not on a Tesla): Audi RS6 C7 Red BC Forged EH308 Range Rover Velar White BC Forged EH308

Between those two options; BC Forged all day. Not much more money, custom offsets (very important!), lots of designs/finishes, and they are 100% forged so they are lighter and stronger.

youre paying 250 more because of their presence on the forum and the ability to get the exact fitment you’re looking for from a company who’s done it a thousand times on your car.

Jamie drives a plaid. He will figure out your exact needs and deliver. i think the question really is wether or not it’s worth giving that up over 1000 bucks.

then of course the fact that nobody wants second hand BC,s when you’re done with them.

BC Forged makes Signature wheels (along with other brands). They come from the same factory in Taiwan so there isn't a difference quality wise in the wheel itself - the available finishes are even exactly the same. What makes the difference is marketing, the reps behind the wheels that help you with fitment, etc. Signature has the greatest presence on this forum and Jamie knows his Plaid fitments well, that might be worth the extra for most.

Last edited:
BC Forged makes Signature wheels (along with other brands). They come from the same factory in Taiwan so there isn't a difference quality wise in the wheel itself - the available finishes are even exactly the same. What makes the difference is marketing, the reps behind the wheels that help you with fitment, etc. Signature has the greatest presence on this forum and Jamie knows his Plaid fitments well, that might be worth the extra for most.

ehh still can’t wrap my head around the idea that BC Forged is for anything other than Scions.

• Funny
Reactions: Neon001