Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, looks really nice. I think that 20" would be a good combination of comfort and looks when having to drive alot on not so good roads. Any problems with front wheels rubbing? If not, what ET is recommended?
The wheel/tire combo is great! No issues period. Easly clean especially with optic-coat on them. Even though I have all season tires on them I only drive on them from March-November during the non snow months in Va Beach.

Attachments

• 20170429_144923.jpg
    20170429_144923.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 638
Satin Black Model S 2.0 with Gloss Black TS115 21 inch Forged Wheels and and Wheel Lug Nut Cover Set.

Wheel: TS115
Size: 21x9.0" front, 21x9.5” rear (approximately 27% lighter than a factory 21” Turbine wheel set)
Finish: Gloss Black
Tires: Pirelli PZero 245/35-21" front, 265/35-21" rear
Other: Uses factory lug nuts, accepts factory center cap, uses original TPMS.

satin-black-tesla-model-s-p100d-21-inch-forged-wheels-gloss-black-ts115-01.jpg
satin-black-tesla-model-s-p100d-21-inch-forged-wheels-gloss-black-ts115-04.jpg
satin-black-tesla-model-s-p100d-21-inch-forged-wheels-gloss-black-ts115-06.jpg
satin-black-tesla-model-s-p100d-21-inch-forged-wheels-gloss-black-ts115-02.jpg

Last edited:
Just had these done: Vorsteiner V-FF 103 in carbon graphite finish, with Michelin Sport Pilot 4 S. I went from stock 19's to a staggered more aggressive setup: 20 x 9 (front) and 10.5 (rear). Surprisingly, doesn't seem to ride any stiffer than before. Calipers painted in multi-coat red, to match the car. Lowering springs are next on the list.View attachment 248481View attachment 248482View attachment 248483View attachment 248484View attachment 248485View attachment 248486

Very nice!!! I was considering Pilot Sports 4S as well. Will you be able to drive them year-round in Silicon Valley?

• Disagree
Reactions: Reekdog
Very nice!!! I was considering Pilot Sports 4S as well. Will you be able to drive them year-round in Silicon Valley?

Unless it starts snowing ;) I dunno, I'm from Ohio originally and I never get why people in Cali start freaking out when it starts raining. When I was living in Seattle and there was an unexpected snow storm one year, I saw people abandoning their SUV's by the road, deeming the unsalted roads too dangerous. I was driving a Lotus Elise on UHP tires back then, and I got home in one piece, just gotta use some common sense and gentle throttle control... :rolleyes:

But yeah, on the Model S with traction control on, the worst you might get is a bit of hydroplaning in heavy rain?

Unless it starts snowing ;) I dunno, I'm from Ohio originally and I never get why people in Cali start freaking out when it starts raining. When I was living in Seattle and there was an unexpected snow storm one year, I saw people abandoning their SUV's by the road, deeming the unsalted roads too dangerous. I was driving a Lotus Elise on UHP tires back then, and I got home in one piece, just gotta use some common sense and gentle throttle control... :rolleyes:

But yeah, on the Model S with traction control on, the worst you might get is a bit of hydroplaning in heavy rain?
@finiteyoda ive been waiting for someone to throw ps4s onto a Tesla. Can you share your impressions?

Reactions: Meng
@DIL It would be hard to say, because so many things have changed at once: going from a non-staggered 19x8 to a staggered 20x9 and 20x10.5(!!!) and the old Goodyear Eagle's had about 20K miles on them. Stepping up to 20" rims, I was expecting a bit more harshness, but honestly, I didn't notice much difference (I have springs not air, so the car's a bit stiff to begin with). I think the overall feel is a bit "crisper" (which I'd also expect with any new set of tires) than the old worn out ones, and doing some slaloms on the street, it's definitely got grip. I don't notice any more or less road noise than before, occasionally I have some rattles in the cabin, both before and after the change. If you measured it, probably some things have improved with the lighter rims / wider tires / better compound, but with normal daily driving, nothing obvious is hitting me. The PS4's have a fuzzy velvet-like texture on the sidewall, that's fun to touch :) Cost-wise, not much difference from the Continental or Pirelli options.

In some sense, I suppose the best testament to how well the new PS4's work, is that my new 20's feel about the same as the 19's. Day-to-day, I'm not sacrificing anything by going with the PS4's, and hopefully in those times when I am pushing the car to it's limits, I'm getting a little something extra by going with the Michelin's.

@DIL It would be hard to say, because so many things have changed at once: going from a non-staggered 19x8 to a staggered 20x9 and 20x10.5(!!!) and the old Goodyear Eagle's had about 20K miles on them. Stepping up to 20" rims, I was expecting a bit more harshness, but honestly, I didn't notice much difference (I have springs not air, so the car's a bit stiff to begin with). I think the overall feel is a bit "crisper" (which I'd also expect with any new set of tires) than the old worn out ones, and doing some slaloms on the street, it's definitely got grip. I don't notice any more or less road noise than before, occasionally I have some rattles in the cabin, both before and after the change. If you measured it, probably some things have improved with the lighter rims / wider tires / better compound, but with normal daily driving, nothing obvious is hitting me. The PS4's have a fuzzy velvet-like texture on the sidewall, that's fun to touch :) Cost-wise, not much difference from the Continental or Pirelli options.

In some sense, I suppose the best testament to how well the new PS4's work, is that my new 20's feel about the same as the 19's. Day-to-day, I'm not sacrificing anything by going with the PS4's, and hopefully in those times when I am pushing the car to it's limits, I'm getting a little something extra by going with the Michelin's.
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a worthwhile upgrade and looks awesome!

Reactions: Meng
P100D with 21" TS118 Forged Wheels in Matte Black

Wheel: TS118
Size: 21x9.0" front, 21x9.5” rear (approximately 20% lighter than a factory 21” staggered Turbine wheel set)
Finish: Matte Black
Tires: Pirelli PZero 4 245/35-21” front, 265/35-21” rear
Other: Uses factory lug nuts, accepts factory center cap, uses original TPMS.

1 black-tesla-model-s-ts118-21-inch-forged-wheels-matte-black.jpg
2 black-tesla-model-s-ts118-21-inch-forged-wheels-matte-black.jpg
3 black-tesla-model-s-ts118-21-inch-forged-wheels-matte-black.jpg
5 black-tesla-model-s-ts118-21-inch-forged-wheels-matte-black.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
Sorry for the bad pictures but just got them on yesterday and I'm going to be swamped for awhile. These are Avant Garde M610 in 19" with the stock tires.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 460
  • front right.jpg
    front right.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 458
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 456
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg