Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More pics :D.

20180628_141546.jpg
20180623_212836.jpg

#logan, you say that like it’s a bad thing. Do you know something about these wheels that I do not? I was quoted $190 per wheel delivered.

You have forged wheels which are the best type of manufactured wheels you can get ...the process makes the wheels lighter and stronger ...what @logan is saying is those RTX are machined wheels ..hence the lower price and quality ..I guess the rhetorical question is why you would want to change from some good wheels to something not so good ? If just for color powder coating is good option for your current wheels

I did not have arachnids, I only had the cast oem rims that came on the car, so I just replaced them with the black widow rims which are also cast. I figured, if the cast oem rims are good enough for my car, then a better looking set of cast rims for my car were also good enough. I also did not want to spend tons of money replacing perfectly acceptable rims.

I can't speak to the arachnids, I'm sure they are super duper awesome and also a lot of people have them, etc, but I decided to go with rims that I thought looked really nice on my car and were a little more unique.

It's completely up to you @Stan Moraski , cast rims and forged rims both have their pros and cons. I suggest you go with whatever you think looks good and you are happy with because in the end it's what make you feel good/happy about the look of your car.

View attachment 315024 I thought the Arachnids were best wheels out there, but just might have to get me a set of the RTX black widows.

I have to disagree with you. the Arachnids IMO are the best looking wheels available on the Tesla model S. The Arachnids look like $500 wheels, those RTX look like $200 wheels. And looks aside, it would drive me nuts cleaning those small openings with a small brush every time the car is washed.

That's some pretty serious skills to be able to determine what the price of a wheel is by looks alone. I apologize for being so gauche as to be happy with my $200 rims and want to share it with others on the forum. Maybe we can rename this thread to the "Show off your arachnid rims" or "Show off your aftermarket wheels, as long as they cost $500 or more per rim - No stank ass low-class rims plz"

I have to disagree with you. the Arachnids IMO are the best looking wheels available on the Tesla model S. The Arachnids look like $500 wheels, those RTX look like $200 wheels. And looks aside, it would drive me nuts cleaning those small openings with a small brush every time the car is washed.

In case you can't be bothered to read the thread title, this particular discussion you have staggered into is for people to:
Show off your aftermarket wheels. It does come across as a bit incognizant to start throwing shade at people who do exactly what was asked in the thread title. Post up a picture of your own ride there hero. Let's see what you've got.

• Funny
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial