Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's some pretty serious skills to be able to determine what the price of a wheel is by looks alone. I apologize for being so gauche as to be happy with my $200 rims and want to share it with others on the forum. Maybe we can rename this thread to the "Show off your arachnid rims" or "Show off your aftermarket wheels, as long as they cost $500 or more per rim - No stank ass low-class rims plz"
Hey, man. Don't worry about it. What matters it that YOU like your wheels. I love my wheels and get compliments on them every day. Some of the posters here just like to put others down for whatever reason. I think your wheels look pretty slick.

If everyone had the same style of wheels this thread would be boring.

Here is my setup.

Vossen VFS-2, Satin Bronze, front 9x20 and rear 10x20.
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, front 245/40R20 and rear 265/40R20.
(with airmatic lowering links)

tesla_vanteet.jpg

#logan, you say that like it’s a bad thing. Do you know something about these wheels that I do not? I was quoted $190 per wheel delivered.

Well now I feel bad because I did not bother to scroll up and see that someone posted that they actually owned those wheels. I said that because I've seen a few people on car forums have massive issues with them in about 2 years. For example here is one guy whose RTX wheels are corroding. Would never be a dick about whatever wheels someone decides to go with.

Here is my setup.

Vossen VFS-2, Satin Bronze, front 9x20 and rear 10x20.
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, front 245/40R20 and rear 265/40R20.
(with airmatic lowering links)

View attachment 315682

Beautiful combo!

• Love
Reactions: LV85 and P85_DA
Well now I feel bad because I did not bother to scroll up and see that someone posted that they actually owned those wheels. I said that because I've seen a few people on car forums have massive issues with them in about 2 years. For example here is one guy whose RTX wheels are corroding. Would never be a dick about whatever wheels someone decides to go with.

Beautiful combo!

Well I guess I'll see how they hold up. Someone commented in that video that theirs look as good as they did 5 years ago.
As with everything on the internet, including reviews on Amazon, I'm sure if you look hard enough you will find people with experiences on both sides of the spectrum for just about any product.

For now, I plan to enjoy them, and if they turn to *sugar* well then I didn't pay a whole lot for them and I have my OEM rims as a fallback.

Tesla X P90D Midnight Silver Metallic with Niche one pie forged Monobloc Vicenza 22" x 9" and 10". I can feel how much lighter that are than my factory bone forged Tesla wheels.

By the way if you have a Tesla 3 or S and want to trade text me 6027155476

Attachments

• FDDE5229-2F4A-4565-8A4C-2940D90476FB.jpeg
    FDDE5229-2F4A-4565-8A4C-2940D90476FB.jpeg
    398.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 8580E011-BA9F-4EA9-9F20-C9A66DE6E037.jpeg
    8580E011-BA9F-4EA9-9F20-C9A66DE6E037.jpeg
    397 KB · Views: 165
  • 8EC982A2-AD61-4E92-9819-A518B446987A.jpeg
    8EC982A2-AD61-4E92-9819-A518B446987A.jpeg
    435.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 0ED7D183-BC50-482A-A661-4E4578DD9F9C.jpeg
    0ED7D183-BC50-482A-A661-4E4578DD9F9C.jpeg
    453.4 KB · Views: 155
I just picked up these Forgestar split forks from Josh Park at Kickstart Motorsports. I was looking for something that wasn't too flashy, and maybe something that Tesla might have done themselves, and still be 19".
View attachment 250283 View attachment 250284

... and I'm done. I'm buying stock wheels.

It's been less than a year and I keep having problems. I've had them rebalanced 3 times, are a pita to clean, rob me 10% of my range, and now two of the wheels are slightly out of round causing the car to vibrate. I'm sick of this *sugar*.

The stock wheels may be ugly, but at least they will be reliable and efficient.

• Informative
Reactions: P-town_P85
... and I'm done. I'm buying stock wheels.

It's been less than a year and I keep having problems. I've had them rebalanced 3 times, are a pita to clean, rob me 10% of my range, and now two of the wheels are slightly out of round causing the car to vibrate. I'm sick of this *sugar*.

The stock wheels may be ugly, but at least they will be reliable and efficient.

Thank you for the heads-up!

I was a fan of these on white. Here are the same wheels on my previous, white P90D. Probably would have been killer with the chrome darkened out.

VossenP90D.jpg
Were these the regular "tinted gloss black" or did you get the custom color of "gloss black"...........they seem very similar to me on the Vossen website. I'm looking at the HF-1 model. Not sure if thats what you have on here but its similar. Looks great!

Were these the regular "tinted gloss black" or did you get the custom color of "gloss black"...........they seem very similar to me on the Vossen website. I'm looking at the HF-1 model. Not sure if thats what you have on here but its similar. Looks great!

Thanks! These are HF1 Tinted Gloss Black (TGB). The TGB has a machined face on the tuning fork looking spokes that has a flat look and because of the tool marks, it can appear dark gray. It's a nice contrast. the Gloss Black optional color doesn't have that machined face and instead has a uniform gloss finish.