Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up getting a set of Rohanas in this fitment. Hope it works out OK. Well, not exactly. My offsets are 38 in front and 35 in the rear. Will I need spacers in your opinion?

you might rub a little in the front, and you might need a 3mm spacer in the back.
I see you’re also in Houston - I’d be happy to help you figure out the figment one of these days if you’d like.

• Helpful
Reactions: SnakeDoctorTD
you might rub a little in the front, and you might need a 3mm spacer in the back.
I see you’re also in Houston - I’d be happy to help you figure out the figment one of these days if you’d like.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm going to contact the seller, and see if I can get closer to those offsets colindo listed. I see there's a 20x11+28 offered. The closest on the fronts would be 20x10 +25. When I went off of 16P90DL's fitment, I figured worst case, I could go with more offset and run spacers as needed.

Hey Aggmeister, yup, Houston area here. Pearland more specifically. With the rubbing in the front, would it be the fins in the liner that I'd need to trim down or would be something else? I used to run 20mm spacers on the oem 21s, and know about that. I have read some of you guys' other posts around here, so I'll probably look into an alignment and possible caster adjustment after.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm going to contact the seller, and see if I can get closer to those offsets colindo listed. I see there's a 20x11+28 offered. The closest on the fronts would be 20x10 +25. When I went off of 16P90DL's fitment, I figured worst case, I could go with more offset and run spacers as needed.

Hey Aggmeister, yup, Houston area here. Pearland more specifically. With the rubbing in the front, would it be the fins in the liner that I'd need to trim down or would be something else? I used to run 20mm spacers on the oem 21s, and know about that. I have read some of you guys' other posts around here, so I'll probably look into an alignment and possible caster adjustment after.

Trimming the fins in the fender liner is the first step. If that doesn't do it, then yes, you can have the caster adjusted as part of an alignment.

If you need any help, PM me.

• Helpful
Reactions: SnakeDoctorTD
Just got my "New Aero". Optimized for less drag so less consumption,

Wheel: “The New Aero 21" Razor“

Size: Front 21x8,5" Rear 21x9,0" staggered

Finish: Matte Stealth

Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport S

Other: Uses factory lug nuts, accepts factory center cap, uses factory TPMS.

Attachments

• IMG_4642.JPG
    IMG_4642.JPG
    459.3 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_4643.JPG
    IMG_4643.JPG
    603.4 KB · Views: 325
AED66D66-20B4-484C-941C-BDD14126A035.jpeg
09B46A1F-553C-4706-9056-52E6BD7B8564.jpeg
AED66D66-20B4-484C-941C-BDD14126A035.jpeg AED66D66-20B4-484C-941C-BDD14126A035.jpeg

Not aftermarket but very happy with the compromise. I drive a lot, 29,821 miles by the one year anniversary for my 2019 Model S 100D. Frequent tire purchases are a fact of life for me so I wanted to avoid a staggered setup and any wheels larger than 20 inches. I was able to procure a full set of Model X 20x9 inch front wheels powdercoated in satin black to replace my original 19in slipstreams. I have gotten good life out of the Pirelli Cinturato P7 plus before and wanted to to try them on the Tesla. So here it is, Model X fronts in black with 245/40/20 all around.

My 2020 Model S Performance with 20" TSS Flow Forged wheels. I got the staggered setup with 245/40-20s in the front and 275/40-20s in the rear. I love the way they look - slightly firmed up the ride and smaller sidewalls seems to improve cornering. BTW - have a really cheap set of new 19" Tempest wheels/tires for sale in the "Tesla Parts for Sale" section :).

IMG_20200606_134215.jpg
IMG_20200606_091450 (1).jpg

-craigger.

Attachments

• IMG_20200606_091430 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200606_091430 (1).jpg
    703.8 KB · Views: 231
The Service Center did an alignment for me recently and actually left me with Caster values that were way out of spec. They basically just reset the adjustment cam to center position and called it a day. I think I was at 4.75 Left and 5.3 Right, or something like that. Caster should be within .3 or you'll have a measurable setback and your car will pull to one side (and rub, more than likely). I had to go to a local performance shop to correct it.

Hi Aggmeister,

You sound very knowledgeable about this topic and was in hopes I could pick your brain. I have a 2019 MS LR and recently installed a set of aftermarket HRE wheels onto my car. My one goal and objective for this swap was not to ever rub and had relayed this message to the HRE rep. Below is the wheel and tire specs that HRE recommended and in fact, they only have 1 spec for 21" for my model. That said, of course I am encountering some rub to the wheel liner on both wheels(on all air suspension settings) but the driver side is significantly worse. My initial thought was to blame HRE for the bad recommendation and as I began to research, sadly I feel this is a Tesla issue. What is strange is that the rub is more prevalent when I'm in park just turning the wheel opposed to driving.

You bring up a great point about the caster being off and wanted to learn if when you took your car to the Tesla SC, if they fixed that part of the wheel alignment that you got? Or do I need to go to a performance shop to get this checked out( I am in socal and was thinking about reaching out to Unplugged to take a look at this.

I would appreciate any insight that you can provide to hopefully steer me in the right direction...

Thanks in advance.

2019 Tesla Model S Long Range
HRE FF04
Front wheel: 21x9 +30 with Michelin pilot sports 4s 255/35/21
Rear wheels: 21x10 +40 with Michelin pilot sports 4s 275/35/21

clip_image001.jpg

clip_image001.jpg
clip_image001.jpg

Hi Aggmeister,

You sound very knowledgeable about this topic and was in hopes I could pick your brain. I have a 2019 MS LR and recently installed a set of aftermarket HRE wheels onto my car. My one goal and objective for this swap was not to ever rub and had relayed this message to the HRE rep. Below is the wheel and tire specs that HRE recommended and in fact, they only have 1 spec for 21" for my model. That said, of course I am encountering some rub to the wheel liner on both wheels(on all air suspension settings) but the driver side is significantly worse. My initial thought was to blame HRE for the bad recommendation and as I began to research, sadly I feel this is a Tesla issue. What is strange is that the rub is more prevalent when I'm in park just turning the wheel opposed to driving.

You bring up a great point about the caster being off and wanted to learn if when you took your car to the Tesla SC, if they fixed that part of the wheel alignment that you got? Or do I need to go to a performance shop to get this checked out( I am in socal and was thinking about reaching out to Unplugged to take a look at this.

I would appreciate any insight that you can provide to hopefully steer me in the right direction...

Thanks in advance.

2019 Tesla Model S Long Range
HRE FF04
Front wheel: 21x9 +30 with Michelin pilot sports 4s 255/35/21
Rear wheels: 21x10 +40 with Michelin pilot sports 4s 275/35/21

clip_image001.jpg

clip_image001.jpg
clip_image001.jpg
Forgot to add photos

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Attachments

• HRE font wheel 4.jpg
    HRE font wheel 4.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 271
  • HRE front wheel 3.jpg
    HRE front wheel 3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 221
  • HRE front wheel 2.jpg
    HRE front wheel 2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 250
  • HRe front wheel 1.jpg
    HRe front wheel 1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 278
Forgot to add photos

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Your caster looks suuuuuper positive. You should have at least 1.5 finger widths between the fender liner and the tire tread when the wheel is straight.

Your caster definitely needs to be adjusted. Trouble is, the SC is probably going to give you crap for having aftermarket wheels, because for some reason Tesla thinks that their wheels are a gift from the gods, and any aftermarket wheels are tools of the devil. So, if you take it to them with your HRE's, they'll probably want to charge you for an alignment despite the fact that this is just a horrible alignment from the factory.

Did your factory wheels rub at all? Did you have the facory 19s or 21s? If so, put them back on first and then schedule an appointment with the SC.

Otherwise, I'd just go straight to a performance shop like Unplugged and let them do it.