Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks amazing. Which widths are you running front and back? Any rubbing issues? It looks like it, but just confirming, the rears are perfectly flush with the quarter panel well? A wheel sticking out even a centimeter past the well is a pet peeve of mine.

Front is ET30 9" width with 245/35-21. Rear is ET38 10.5" 285/30-21 tires. The front tires does only rub a little in reverse when turning the wheel much. But the stock 21" did that to on my car too.

More pics of my P85 and very popular TSW Nurburgring 20" with Bridgestone Potenza S001 255/40R20. Full wrap with special glass coating called "Splandeur".
P_20160812_150212.jpg
P_20160812_150146.jpg
P_20160812_150157.jpg
P_20160812_145856.jpg

My recommendation would be to look in the Classified section of this forum to find people selling 19" wheels second hand. You will have no trouble with fitment.

I ordered a MS with 21s and summer tires. I'm going to need winter tires as I live in NJ. We also get potholes in the winter that are repaired in the spring.

I would like to order 19s with winter tires to give me extra rim protection.

Would stock 19s fit on my car? I assume The car uses the same rotors and breaks so it would work. Is that true, or do they come in different sizes depending on wheel size?

• Helpful
Reactions: PaulusdB
Front is ET30 9" width with 245/35-21. Rear is ET38 10.5" 285/30-21 tires. The front tires does only rub a little in reverse when turning the wheel much. But the stock 21" did that to on my car too.
Good to know! Haven't heard about stock 21s rubbing until now. And your rears tuck flush under the quarter panels? No protrusion? Really thinking about this setup, and those 10.5s sit damn nice.

View attachment 190350
I just got my 20x9 TSportlines installed.

Looks great, I plan to put the same setup on my Deep Blue Metallic at the end of the month upon delivery.

Out of curiosity, what led you to go with the silver instead of the other colors? I'm leaning most towards the grey right now, because I haven't seen the 20" glossy black or matte black on any deep blue metallic cars yet.

image.jpeg
Looks great, I plan to put the same setup on my Deep Blue Metallic at the end of the month upon delivery.

Out of curiosity, what led you to go with the silver instead of the other colors? I'm leaning most towards the grey right now, because I haven't seen the 20" glossy black or matte black on any deep blue metallic cars yet.

Dark wheels look smaller than they actually are; that is caused by perspective. There is much less contrast between a dark wheel and a dark car. I do like most wheel colors, but to me dark wheels look best on a car that the wheels are too big for; it helps to mask their disproportion. 21 inch wheels are about ideal visually for the Model S but the tire options are severely limited. It comes down to a personal preference, I guess. I would like to see a set of gold 20 inch wheels on a blue car. I've never really cared for gold wheels but something tells me they would look pretty good.

I'm sure you will be pleased with the wheels. The ride and acceleration are unnoticeable if changed. The Continental DWS tires I bought have loads more grip than the Goodyears that came on the car. They are slightly noisier on certain coarse road surfaces but I am very pleased with this small compromise.

Reactions: bradjc and mdevp
View attachment 190461

Dark wheels look smaller than they actually are; that is caused by perspective. There is much less contrast between a dark wheel and a dark car. I do like most wheel colors, but to me dark wheels look best on a car that the wheels are too big for; it helps to mask their disproportion. 21 inch wheels are about ideal visually for the Model S but the tire options are severely limited. It comes down to a personal preference, I guess. I would like to see a set of gold 20 inch wheels on a blue car. I've never really cared for gold wheels but something tells me they would look pretty good.

I'm sure you will be pleased with the wheels. The ride and acceleration are unnoticeable if changed. The Continental DWS tires I bought have loads more grip than the Goodyears that came on the car. They are slightly noisier on certain coarse road surfaces but I am very pleased with this small compromise.

Your car looks fantastic, and your reasoning is the same as mine for going with the 20" wheels. My personal preference is a darker wheel, so I'm hoping to see a Dark Blue Metallic paint scheme with the other three colors TST offers in the 20" wheel.

I found photos of the 19" T Sportline wheels in matte black on a Deep Blue pre-facelift MS - looks great.

Deep-Blue-Metallic-TST-Matte-Black-1.jpg

More photos of facelifted cars with TSportline wheels: » Matte Black

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 12.12.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 12.12.35 PM.png
    619.3 KB · Views: 210
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 12.12.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 12.12.28 PM.png
    689.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 12.12.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 12.12.15 PM.png
    547 KB · Views: 201
  • Helpful
Reactions: Woody17
That is a good looking car you have. i haven't been to Melbourne in a couple years now but I'll keep an eye out for you the next time I'm there. :D (That's green with envy because I'd love to live around Ballarat)

Thanks @ColBatGuano! As do you! Love the blue. Only wish we could go with out the front plate like you guys. It's a bit cooler here at the moment compared to Texas I'd imagine, especially compared to Ballarat! Next time you're in town make sure you say g'day. ;)

Wheel: TST
Size: 20x9.0" front, 20x10.0" rear
Finish: Metallic Grey
Tires: Pirelli PZero 245/40-20” front, 275/40-20” rear
Other: Uses factory lug nuts, accepts factory center cap, uses original TPMS.

View media item 115753
View media item 115752

Which tores on your TST 20' are guaranteed not to rub during full turn situations? I read somewhere that one of the sizes caused rubbing when turning either full left or right. Don't recall if it was with or without smart suspension.