Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what was the root cause? ie why would the clearance be fine initially but require spacers eventually?

@dk10438 I wanted to post a small update since you had the same offset. Even with the 3mm spacers, under very extreme load I can still hear minor scraping. The way I avoid it is by entering steep driveways more head on vs cutting in at an angle. This keeps the load more evenly distributed.

I had some recall work done on my car and asked the SC to inspect the rear suspension for signs of worn bushings. They said all the bushings still look fine. So it’s a bit of a mystery as to why this started happening all of a sudden, only other thing I can think of is tire wear. I’ll test that theory in about four months when I need new tires.

Honestly I don’t know. But the car is lowered ever so slightly with +2mm links all around so there IS some additional camber compared to stock. However, I did experiment with ride heights and it rubs the same amount no matter the ride height.

what’s the name of your friends shop? By any chance does Shane happen to be a BMW enthusiast?

For all Model S owners who is looking for custom forged wheel for their model S, we are extending our Black Friday Sale to all Tesla Owner.
Feel free to message me for the best Black Friday Sale quote and visit Vendor - Signature Wheel Black Friday Sale / 2019

Custom width and offset available

Signature Record Car: Model S P100D Raven
19x8 ET20 w/ stock 245/45/19 tire
19.2lb Each
1/4 mile :10.514 @123.46
69990739_407958826577670_1826972409320701952_n.jpg

Last edited:
For all Model S owners who is looking for custom forged wheel for their model S, we are extending our Black Friday Sale to all Tesla Owner.
Feel free to message me for the best Black Friday Sale quote and visit Vendor - Signature Wheel Black Friday Sale / 2019

Custom width and offset available

Signature Record Car: Model S P100D Raven
19x8 ET20 w/ stock 245/45/19 tire
19.2lb Each
1/4 mile :10.514 @123.46
View attachment 477488

Very Nice wheel... is the same wheel used on the Model S record time run at Nurburgring?

What is the price for the 19x8 ET20 wheel with the stock 245/45/19 tire? Thanks

Very Nice wheel... is the same wheel used on the Model S record time run at Nurburgring?

What is the price for the 19x8 ET20 wheel with the stock 245/45/19 tire? Thanks

Quote sent, please check you message.

Good eye, they look very similar to our SV104, but they are not our wheel.

Here is some of our SV104 track action shot. Our SV104’s spoke design are more muscular, sharper and all track proven:)
B4DB455F-63B1-456D-B0CF-2AFD68C64EF3.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911
@dk10438 I wanted to post a small update since you had the same offset. Even with the 3mm spacers, under very extreme load I can still hear minor scraping. The way I avoid it is by entering steep driveways more head on vs cutting in at an angle. This keeps the load more evenly distributed.

I had some recall work done on my car and asked the SC to inspect the rear suspension for signs of worn bushings. They said all the bushings still look fine. So it’s a bit of a mystery as to why this started happening all of a sudden, only other thing I can think of is tire wear. I’ll test that theory in about four months when I need new tires.
that's really odd that there's some rubbing even with 3mm spacers. I put my phone through the spokes of my wheel and took some pictures to see how much clearance there was with the car under full load and it looked like I had at least 4-5 mm

Just wondering if anyone had downsized to 18 inches and ran 235/45/ZR18 XL Pilot Sport 4S Tires? Seems like the tire weight is not much more compared to the stock 20s but it allows more weight savings in rim size. Trying to wrap my head around the lightest setup I could go, thanks.