Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the JDM guys can do the Volks then why can’t us bimmer guys throw on the BBS?!?

What specs do you guys think will go with a white model S? Since the wheel guy has to mill the face for the reverse mount, that means I have to re-do the faces: brushed clear, gold, bronze, diamond black, or etc.

I’m thinking brushed gloss titanium centers, polished lips, chrome hardware, and red center cap. Here’s some example that’s he’s done.

brushed gloss titanium centers with black bolts
DBF76D6A-9981-4D8E-90D1-4A9EEF2F47DF.jpeg

brushed gloss with gold bolts
28514242-A635-4CB6-8559-54FD758AB445.jpeg
A6ABE01C-642E-4C14-9D41-AB3D3D48BB02.jpeg
D68C602E-5138-47D2-948B-60C6813010EC.jpeg

@D Unit I've always liked the classic BBS LM look - silver centers, machined/polished lips, black centercaps - but since I've never seen them mounted on a Model S, it's a tough call!

I think this is the only Model S I've seen with LMs. Doesn't say their size, but it looks to me like 20":
01_MS_LM.jpg

For what it's worth I found this post of a white Model S w/ 21" LM-Rs - photos:
01_MS_LM-R.jpg

02_MS_LM-R.jpg

03_MS_LM-R.jpg

BTW your profile pic makes me i3-nostalgic. Don't get me wrong, I love my Model S for its many positive traits, but - it's no BMW. I after my E39 I had two i3 leases (REX, then bigger-battery BEV) before the MS. Loved them both. Keeping my eyes on the used 2019+ i3s market... For a little, electric hot hatch for zipping around town and squeezing into tiny parking spaces, the i3 is hard to beat, IMHO.

Brian

Reactions: FlatSix911
I saw that Tesla with the LMs before, and to be honest, it didn't look that appealing to me. The 21" LMRs look way better and the 20" LMs look way too tiny. Then when I look at 16P90DL's car with the Volk TE37s, 20s look so perfect. Call me stubborn, but I'm still going to try to stance the 20" LMs.

I look at it this way:

≤ 19" - Too Small.
20" - Good for a "muscle" look with thicker tires. Reminds me of the old E39 M5 or E55 AMG.
21" - Ideal Size for a modern sleek look.
22" - Starting to look too big, but still stylish.
≥ 23" - Seek mental help.

If the JDM guys can do the Volks then why can’t us bimmer guys throw on the BBS?!?
What specs do you guys think will go with a white model S? Since the wheel guy has to mill the face for the reverse mount, that means I have to re-do the faces: brushed clear, gold, bronze, diamond black, or etc.
I’m thinking brushed gloss titanium centers, polished lips, chrome hardware, and red center cap. Here’s some example that’s he’s done.

brushed gloss titanium centers with black bolts
View attachment 628630
brushed gloss with gold bolts
View attachment 628631View attachment 628632View attachment 628633

I would go for the dark Titanium finish with the reverse mount... would be stunning on a white Model S. :cool:

I saw that Tesla with the LMs before, and to be honest, it didn't look that appealing to me. The 21" LMRs look way better and the 20" LMs look way too tiny. Then when I look at 16P90DL's car with the Volk TE37s, 20s look so perfect. Call me stubborn, but I'm still going to try to stance the 20" LMs.

f1faf3d6-2536-43bd-90c1-8daf4b0b94bb-jpeg.536305

yeah man just order a set of the TE37s if you can. I had some LM's I was about to put on but cleaning them would have been a huge pain.

139862372_2864199907194871_2757153617098067813_n.jpg

That's fire :). I remember watching your air setup on YouTube but you had 21s, right? What lip kit is that?

If you would've posted that pic a couple of days earlier, I think I would've bought those. Where'd you buy them at?

I bought them from another member on here not too long ago. I think I'll be changing out the tires to a more meatier setup. My ADV1's were 22's and i still have them in the garage.

The lip is from Maxton Design. I have an earlier generation than the one youll find out in the world or on their site. I was one of the first, so the lip is a bit more recessed in. Where abouts in the bay are you?

I bought them from another member on here not too long ago. I think I'll be changing out the tires to a more meatier setup. My ADV1's were 22's and i still have them in the garage.

The lip is from Maxton Design. I have an earlier generation than the one youll find out in the world or on their site. I was one of the first, so the lip is a bit more recessed in. Where abouts in the bay are you?

I'm from Mountain House but I work in San Jose. I ordered the Maxton Design kit last Saturday since it appeared in stock (pretty cheap btw) but canceled it last night because I wasn't sure if the quality was good enough or not. Are you happy with it? Would you recommend it? I think your version looks better than the new one.

LOWERED FOLKS:

What is the measurement on your car from floor-to-wheel-arch? Curious how low y'all are getting.

Mine is 28" on all four corners on LOW. I'm considering going down to 27.75" in the front only to give it a small rake that will probably level out once i'm on the highway under power.

I'm not a huge fan of fender gap - I had it lower with my 22s, but I'm trying to balance good looks with actual practical daily drivability.

WBRSpOo.jpg

I'm getting my rear camber adjusted via the EV Tuning arms on Tuesday with an alignment...right now I have 3 degrees of negative camber, and my tires are about 1mm from the strut tower.

Last edited:
Very nice! Lowered?

Thanks!

Standard air suspension which I got Tesla to lower a bit (no lowering brackets etc.). :)
I probably should not post this "publicly" but I managed this once with Tesla service rep when I had my old 20" wheels installed. The rear suspension with the 21" wheels now is quite low but of course I am very satisfied on this. Although the stance is a bit off so I should probably do something to the front suspension...

LOWERED FOLKS:
What is the measurement on your car from floor-to-wheel-arch? Curious how low y'all are getting.

I measured this morning, in my driveway, on low. I think due to the steep, little ramp at the end of my driveway the air suspension gets a little off when I pull in, and doesn't totally even out when the car is parked. That being said, the rear ground-to-fender is 27.5". The fronts were like 28" on one side and 26.5" on the other, I think due to the aforementioned issue. So probably around 27.25" for the fronts after settling, on flat ground. Again, this is on the LOW setting, with UP brackets.

Car looks like this, BTW:
frontside-5075-jpg.573657

(though not nearly that clean right now :sob:)

Brian

Thanks!

Standard air suspension which I got Tesla to lower a bit (no lowering brackets etc.). :)
I probably should not post this "publicly" but I managed this once with Tesla service rep when I had my old 20" wheels installed. The rear suspension with the 21" wheels now is quite low but of course I am very satisfied on this. Although the stance is a bit off so I should probably do something to the front suspension...

The Tesla Approved Body Shops can actually do that same thing, all it takes is Tesla Toolbox....trouble is, most tesla body shops don't really seem to understand how to use Toolbox very well.