Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice pic! Makes it look like a die cast model inside of a plexi display box! 👍
You're right... I just found the perfect photo location inside the glass visitor center at the local Tesla Service Center. ;)

Most TMC members are not aware that the BMW bolt pattern and offset on the 5/6/7 series is a perfect match for a Model S/X.

IMG_8228.jpg
IMG_3882.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: cityhpper
You're right... I just found the perfect photo location inside the glass visitor center at the local Tesla Service Center. ;)

Most TMC members are not aware that the BMW bolt pattern and offset on the 5/6/7 series is a perfect match for a Model S/X.

Different hub center bore diameter, though - right @FlatSix911? Did you use centering rings with yours? Link to vendor/source?

View attachment 659636 View attachment 659637
Yep, I remember our orig discussion on the spacer thread where you first showed off the Bimmer wheels.

Reactions: FlatSix911
My personal favorite was the John Player Special color scheme - simple black and gold.

JPS-BMW-635-CSi-1.jpg

EKi845AXUAAnauK
Some old skool F1 fans! JPS livery def up there. Not as old, but I did like Jordan’s bee livery in the 90s. Their “social media” team even released an animated screen saver IIRC. :)

ps when Nike released the Dunk Lows in the Gulf livery color way, I tried to snag a pair from a racing fan perspective, but wasn’t successful due to the ludicrous sneaker “game” these days; they are still over $400 on the reseller market I think. :(

rPdSvlf.jpg

I installed them today. The process is very simple - the hardest part for me was getting the old control arms out. The car had the 1st Gen EV Tuning arms on there that require modifying the factory control arms, and they looked........rough. The new ones are much, much more solid.

I will need to get the car re-leveled because these arms put the sensor mount point back in its factory position, and will then get it aligned. Right now I have them set to the same length as the outgoing set so that I can drive it safely in the meantime.

OLD (look at those dead bushings):

KOsGe3W.jpg

oJRuseH.jpg
Just a FYI but evtuning says the chrome end goes to the subframe. I installed the same way you did. But shot them an email as well and showing them your picture as I did not have one readily available. And they said you’ve installed them backwards. I dunno but it looked right to me. Plus adjusting would be a pain if the chrome part was towards the subframe. I’m reversing them per their instructions when I get back and sending the car off to Tesla for alignment. All the ntb and firestones in my area (Dallas) says their equipment is not updated to do the alignment. 😕