Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a FYI but evtuning says the chrome end goes to the subframe. I installed the same way you did. But shot them an email as well and showing them your picture as I did not have one readily available. And they said you’ve installed them backwards. I dunno but it looked right to me. Plus adjusting would be a pain if the chrome part was towards the subframe. I’m reversing them per their instructions when I get back and sending the car off to Tesla for alignment. All the ntb and firestones in my area (Dallas) says their equipment is not updated to do the alignment. 😕

I'm aware.

If you install them 'properly,' then you move the ride height sensor any time you do a camber adjustment. Then you get stuck in this loop.....change camber, and ride height changes. Which then alters the camber again, so you adjust that again, which causes the ride height to change again......and so on and so on.

If you install it my way, the actual camber adjustment is slightly more tedious (you have to remove the wheel), but if you know that half a turn changes the camber by 0.2 degrees, you can usually nail it in one try. And you never have to re-adjust your ride height.

BTW, the NTB and Firestones are BSing you. There's nothing at all special required to align a Tesla. It basically has Mercedes Airmatic suspension. The Machine just reads values, and they adjust the forearms, control arms, tie rod ends, or toe links accordingly to get the values you want. It's very simple. But Elon fanboys have spread this notion that Teslas are made of unicorn bones, so shops are afraid to work on them.

I would actually strongly advise AGAINST having Tesla align it. Alignment is something you really want to be able to provide input on......tell them how you feel it's driving, so they can adjust accordingly. Tesla's "text message to service" process specifically limits that, and so you'll end up having to set up multiple service appointments for adjustments, and they may never get it how YOU want it.

Last edited:
Installed these the other week

Yes I know my car was super dirty, but it's clean now.

Attachments

• 20210506_193636261_iOS.jpg
    20210506_193636261_iOS.jpg
    751.2 KB · Views: 467