Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Palos Verdes??? ... I used to live on the hill ... hate peacocks, they're god-awful beasts ... don't park in your driveway, you're liable to come out and find one perched on your car ... I've cleaned peacock poop off the roof of my car more than once

Palos Verde would be a good guess but it is actually in Arcadia. There is like a peacock sanctuary there and they always escape and walk around in the streets. This one was walking around the parking lot like a boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Air suspension with a lowering hardware kit.

Now if you guys can find a way to lower our cars for people without air suspension..i might be all over that.

2014-04-30 18.50.25.jpg
2014-04-30 18.44.15.jpg
2014-04-30 18.46.26.jpg
2014-04-30 19.58.26.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
Same weight as OEM 21" rims/tires, these custom powder-coated 22x10/22x11 f/r on 245-30/285-30 Continental DWS tires came out great!!! No Con's to speak of!!! I wanted the Vellano VM17's but didn't want to spend $7k-$8k (actually spent about a 1/3 of that). Also really wanted to get into these particular 22" DWS tires since not only do they have about 2x better wear than the DW version but also, economically speaking, they are far more attractive. No rubbing, no noticably lessened ride quality...actually to the contrary, as expected the car feels much better planted like the P+ versions are. Will be dialing in the rear alignment next week after the installation of camber bolts to minimize or maybe even eliminate excessive inside-tire wear.

Last edited:
View attachment 48362View attachment 48364View attachment 48365View attachment 48366

- - - Updated - - -
Same weight as OEM 21" rims/tires, these custom powder-coated 22x10/22x11 f/r on 245-30/285-30 Continental DWS tires came out great!!! No Con's to speak of!!! I wanted the Vellano VM17's but didn't want to spend $7k-$8k (actually spent about a 1/3 of that). Also really wanted to get into these particular 22" DWS tires since not only do they have about 2x better wear than the DW version but also, economically speaking, they are far more attractive. No rubbing, no noticably lessened ride quality...actually to the contrary, as expected the car feels much better planted like the P+ versions are. Will be dialing in the rear alignment next week after the installation of camber bolts to minimize or maybe even eliminate excessive inside-tire wear.
This looks very good. Where did you buy those wheels.

View attachment 48364

- - - Updated - - -

That looks real good! I've been searching for the grey 21s but at the price they are going for used, I've been contemplating going aftermarket since it'll be cheaper and I like how those look. Which shop did you get them from

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Now if you guys can find a way to lower our cars for people without air suspension..i might be all over that.

+1, same here

I worked with Omar at Wheel Outlet. They have done a number of these configurations on MS but in standard finish color rims and 295/25 rears. I preferred 285/30. This (my) size seems to work great specially since this way I have more side-wall cushion and a less expensive costing tire (~$255/rear tire) I requested this color Since it matches the undercarriage, grey looking plastic body parts of the MS, they don't show the break dust that easily, and of course since powder-coated, the rims are less prone to damage.

- - - Updated - - -

This looks very good. Where did you buy those wheels.

Contact Omar at San Diego Wheel Outlet and remind him of the Tesla he did for me (Sean) from up here in Orange County, CA. He'll remember... You can message me and I can send you my price and his direct contact number as well. By the way, I'm super happy with him and his outfit. Exceptional customer service and TireRack beating prices to boot!

I'm sorry , are you driving on tires & wheels or just wheels? those tires are so thing it looks like just wheels. good luck with those potholes . I guess you didn't get the 20,000 other memos on these forums about all the blowouts with these low profiles. make sure to keep about 3 spares readily accessible as well as cell phones charged to call tow trucks often. maybe a sat phone too in case your in the boonies. if all else fails, maybe pack in there a scooter or bicycle too just in case. and a tent, some pillows, and maybe a survival kit or two.

I'm sorry , are you driving on tires & wheels or just wheels? those tires are so thing it looks like just wheels. good luck with those potholes . I guess you didn't get the 20,000 other memos on these forums about all the blowouts with these low profiles. make sure to keep about 3 spares readily accessible as well as cell phones charged to call tow trucks often. maybe a sat phone too in case your in the boonies. if all else fails, maybe pack in there a scooter or bicycle too just in case. and a tent, some pillows, and maybe a survival kit or two.

Obviously you prefer your 19's. Great. But, I have had similar setups on my Panamera, M5, and M6 and yet to have had a single blow-out, bent wheel, or any other issues you speak of or others having complained about...but that's me. Lucky, knowledgeable to put together the right package so I can avoid all such potential problems, or otherwise just driving in a manner that doesn't cause me trouble, one way or another, after a decade or more of having had cars with similar setups, I have the confidence of experience on my side. Then again, I do hope something else, say something that may have to do with the alignment doesn't come out of the wood-works with this setup! Good luck.
P.S.: Sidewalls on the 285/30/22s and stock 245/35/21s are 3.37" vs. 3.38" respectively, so go figure!:scared::tongue:

Last edited: