Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your Model 3 camping pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been on 3 car camping trips with the Model 3 this summer. It's been great. Starting to see a few other Model 3s at camp sights recently. Thought it would be fun to have a thread of Model 3 camping photos. Show off your set-up!

IMG_4109.jpg

This is at the Newhalem Campground in the North Cascades National Park. I can cram a lot of gear (and 2 dogs) into the Model 3, especially with a roof box. Between the box and all the weight range isn't great, but still good enough to get well out of town.

What is the point of camping then?
Camping doesn't have to be roughing it...... I think the other poster meant "If there's 220, can't you charge the car while you're there"

Unfortunately that campground doesn't have power. But it is nice to stay at one that does.

I was camping in Red Bluff, CA two weekends ago. It was 110. You may want to sleep in a tent, but I prefer my air conditioned car. Slept like a baby!

Camping doesn't have to be roughing it...... I think the other poster meant "If there's 220, can't you charge the car while you're there"

Unfortunately that campground doesn't have power. But it is nice to stay at one that does.

I was camping in Red Bluff, CA two weekends ago. It was 110. You may want to sleep in a tent, but I prefer my air conditioned car. Slept like a baby!
If it is so hot, I would not come out for camping. I am waiting for fall to resume

If it is so hot, I would not come out for camping. I am waiting for fall to resume
Unfortunately, if you reserve a campsite with recreation.gov, you get charged a $20 no-show fee if you don't show up, and a late cancellation charge if you try to cancel day-of. I honestly had a decent time, mostly because I was able to take a noon-isn nap in 65 degree air conditioning , and the car kept me nice and cool as I slept.
These particular sites don't have electrical hook ups. Also, we travel with 2 decent-sized dogs so sleeping in the car isn't really an option.
My dog refuses to cuddle at nite. He might cuddle for 5 minutes, then he hops into the front passenger seat!

Just out of curiosity, where did you end up camping in Red Bluff and would you recommend it? With all these post about camping and the Model 3 I’m starting to get the itch and just began looking for places.
Sycamore grove. Right on the river, so it's a good 10 degrees cooler than town ;-} Only 1 mile from a supercharger, and they have spots with full 14-50 hookups! Some spots aren't very shaded, but the campground does have hot coin-operated showers. Not my #1 campground, but not bad. I'll be going back.

If you want to go camping, go to Recreation.gov. Punch in your dates, what amenities you want, and it'll show you everything available.

124E3506-D1C1-4D9B-A83C-E80251EBA2BF.jpeg
8A4616CD-8C34-4F08-8C68-F215D21F0431.jpeg

LOL. He's a lot more adventurous than we are. I haven't taken my Model 3 on an unpaved Forest Service road yet.
Not camping but this 12-15 mile unpaved road at Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest was kind of brutal but worth it. About 5-10 MPH was the speed I could go and it felt so rough it felt like the car would rattle itself to death.

View attachment 580914 View attachment 580915
Not camping but this 12-15 mile unpaved road at Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest was kind of brutal but worth it. About 5-10 MPH was the speed I could go and it felt so rough it felt like the car would rattle itself to death.
Man doing that on the 20's you are a brave person...

You can't see much in this pic but this is me testing out my new Tesmat privacy screen. Great for keeping prying eyes and sun out!

Attachments

• 20200323_002108.jpg
    20200323_002108.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 67