Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show Us Your Tents!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen any posts from Cleveland yet. I got there around 11pm last night and was 5th in line. A new crew showed up and was shooting live every 30 minutes from 6am to 9am (see one segment here). The Tesla staff brought us coffee around 9am, and some generous other people in line brought a few dozen donuts to share. By the time the doors opened there looked to be about 100 people in line which i thought was a lot until I read this thread. Here's a picture:

kbd2XFl.jpg

THAT is how you do a first post. Well done.
Thanks! Got to Jacksonville store at 9:45 (compromise with wife instead of waiting for our trip later in the day) and there were maybe 100 in line. Took an hour and $1k later now it's time to wait! Most surprisingly, the line dissipated and by noon there was no line at all! Jax has a huge population, so it's surprised the difference based on region.

Just got back form pop-up store in a mall in Solihull, UK. Was there at about 6:30pm local time. Store is literally just a Model S and a small desk and a banner. Nobody waiting, and they said they had not taken all that many reservations. However, it's just a small pop-up in a suburb, the large store and service centre in central Birmingham probably took far more reservations.

Reactions: ggnykk
Slightly worried made 2 deposits for myself and brother on the same card did his second. I haven't got a confirmation email but he has. Gonna give it till Monday before i call as I know the guys at Lawrence are busy. Anyone else not get their email right away?
Check your My Tesla page (assuming you have one). I didn't get the reservation e-mail right away (still haven't received it). But it does show up on my My Tesla page.

--
What's Next?
Your Model 3 was reserved on 3/31/2016. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation.
--

If you don't have a My Tesla page, then create one using the same e-mail address you used to reserve the car.

That lonely Mercedes salesman...

Reservation done. Took 3h 10min. Arrived at 9:30am

View attachment 169669

View attachment 169668
I'm too finish getting my reservation, but they were handing out anything and I didn't get an email confirming my reservation. Did any of the store give a confirmation? How do you know if you're one of the first 200,000 people to be able to buy a Tesla and qualify for the tax credit since it's not sold in order or reservation? Thanks.

Slightly worried made 2 deposits for myself and brother on the same card did his second. I haven't got a confirmation email but he has. Gonna give it till Monday before i call as I know the guys at Lawrence are busy. Anyone else not get their email right away?
Yes, wondering the same thing. One of the sales people told me to call tomorrow if I don't get an email confirmation of the reservation.

I just want to say that I am truly impressed by those of you who went and slept out or even just made an effort to go to a store to wait on a line. I'm also very appreciative of everyone posting pictures, which is kind of allowing me and others here to experience this vicariously. I live too far from a store or service center to have made the trip reasonably, and today is also the day that my younger daughter will be finding out about the last few colleges she applied to, so I wanted to be around for that. The result of those things being that I'll be attempting to make a reservation at 11:30 Eastern time tonight, online. But those of you posting and sending pictures from the front line have made today much more fun! Thank you!

Wow, I thought this was gonna be big. I had NO idea it would be anything like this... I think the reservation tallies are going to top even the wildest expectations.
I will now put in my last Montreal press plug (I promise) and go to sleep so I can be conscious for the reveal party tonight.
More than 200 line up at Montreal Tesla dealership for dibs on new car

OK Iied...
As soon as I started drifting off the phone buzzed and I just had to look... it was a local news station that wanted a phone interview. Surely my 15 minutes is gonna expire soon. Hopefully before I do.
In any event, if any of you feel like listening to me ramble on incoherently about this whole affair I should be on in about 5 mins 3:45 EDT
You can stream it at www.cjad.com
Stream button at top of page