Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show Us Your Tents!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon giving high-fives in Century City, CA around 9:30 am
u53s4Kz.jpg

Was at the Fremont 901 Page facility this morning around 8am, about 100 people in front, about 200 behind us by 10am when they opened, but the line went fast, with about 30 macs set up to take info and payment for the reservation, each one taking about 3-5 minutes, then off you go! They made quick work of the line and we were out in less than 30 minutes after they opened. Well run operation, and preferred to the instability of the web site which seems to be overwhelmed at the moment. Will check back later once the reveal has passed and most of the interested parties have headed off to sleep.

It's not the first 200,000 Model 3's but the first 200,000 Tesla's so the full credit will be available for about the first 25k - 50k Model 3's. After that it tapers off quarter by quarter so the first 200,000 Model 3's will likely get some credit but all won't get the $7500.

You probably won't know until invited to configure. At that time you should have a decent idea which quarter you'll likely fall in; $7500, $5000, etc.
Yeah, it's all guesswork at this point, but when Tesla delivers its 200,000th EV in the US, then the clock starts ticking. That quarter plus the following quarter, anyone who takes delivery of a Tesla will be eligible for the full rebate (so anywhere from three month to six months after they hit 200K Teslas in the US). After that, for the next two quarters, it's $3750 (50%), then the next two quarters after that, it's $1875 (25%). This is all assuming nothing changes with the rebate between now and then. But the phaseout period is anywhere from 15 months to nearly 18 months from the 200K milestone.

So depending on exactly when they hit 200K Tesla cars in the US, and when they really start ramping up the Model 3, it could be a few thousand or possibly over 100,000 Model 3 buyers who are eligible for the tax credit (in full or in part).

With no actual sequence number on the reservation it's impossible to tell where we stand though. We do know Tesla and SpaceX employees, and current Tesla owners are getting priority on the actual production, but we don't know yet whether ordering a fully loaded model could get you a Model 3 before Tesla employees or Tesla owners who order a less fully loaded model. I think it will (and that would be consistent with the S and X order fulfillment process).

Thanks for the photo Staplegun. You can find yours truly in the yellow raincoat where the arrow is pointing. I made the 3 hour drive from Buffalo to Cleveland with Eric(etm), and Mark and we picked up Matt in Erie (don't know their forum names). We got there at 9:15 and were number 70 through 73. The line was just as long by the time we were at the front so I'd say there were at least 150 here. Took us about half an hour to get through and the line was entirely gone at about 11:10.
CleTesla.jpg

Reactions: MrBoylan
Was at the Fremont 901 Page facility this morning around 8am, about 100 people in front, about 200 behind us by 10am when they opened, but the line went fast, with about 30 macs set up to take info and payment for the reservation, each one taking about 3-5 minutes, then off you go! They made quick work of the line and we were out in less than 30 minutes after they opened. Well run operation, and preferred to the instability of the web site which seems to be overwhelmed at the moment. Will check back later once the reveal has passed and most of the interested parties have headed off to sleep.

I'm from Newark too! My husband was in line at 6:45am and they were around 75 people in front at that point. I agree that it went really smooth. We were out of there by 10:15am.

Just returned a short time ago from the Mission Viejo Mall store and boy was it full. I arrived at 9am with the only purpose of experiencing this historic event itself. I have a MS on reserve so that will be my eventual purchase. When I arrived I was surprised that the line had already reached a point of being uncountable. It snaked from the Tesla store entrance for about a hundred yards. About 15 minutes after arriving the line had reached all the way back to Nordstroms and around the corner. By the time the store opened, and I am not exaggerating, if straightened out, the line would have stretched the entire length of the mall from Macys to Nordstroms. That, folks, is a very long line. To make things better, Tesla had a cart passing by offering free coffee, hot chocolate and cookies. The Microsoft store opposite Tesla had a full sized Xbox console set up running car racing with Teslas as the racers. At one point, a lady joined in the line right behind me thinking the end of the line started there. The break was simply an opening that security created to allow other mall patrons to pass through. When I told her where the end actually was, her eyes bugged out like a cartoon character and she yelled out "What? Oh, no, my husband will kill me." Others passed by asking what the line was for, and when told, simply could not believe it. When we told them no one had seen the car yet and when the car would come out of production, they almost fell over. My the time I left, the line had shrunk to about half its size with a few stragglers joining.

All I can say is, what an experience. Met a lot of wonderful people of all ages and professions and must say, the time I spent simply talking Tesla was not wasted time. For those who don't understand waiting in long lines for such events, you don't know what you missed out on.

View attachment 169687
This shot is from my starting point looking towards the Tesla store. It is so far away you can't see it in this photo.

View attachment 169688 View attachment 169689 View attachment 169690 View attachment 169691

wow, great story and experience! thanks for sharing

This one is from my brother who said there were over 500 at the Fremont factory (901 Page) where they held the Model X reveal.
View attachment 169713

I was standing about 2 people behind the person who took this picture. (I recognize the people)

It went very fast. We got there at 9:30, and was out at 11:15. Better than my colleagues who arrived at 6:30 and got out at 10:30.

Reactions: MrBoylan and ggnykk
I'm from Newark too! My husband was in line at 6:45am and they were around 75 people in front at that point. I agree that it went really smooth. We were out of there by 10:15am.
Small world! We stopped by last night around 11pm to be sure where we were to go, chatted a little bit with those already camping out, then headed home to get a good nights rest. We got back about the time the line extended back to the far side of the building before it started to wrap around the roped area.

wow, great story and experience! thanks for sharing

In my case, as a bonus, my wife had about seven hours, (including two hours of travel), during which she did not hear one update regarding Tesla!!!!! And, I had found a treasure trove of wonderful people, who were more than happy to discuss almost nothing but Tesla, and all things related.

Scannerman

In my case, as a bonus, my wife had about seven hours, (including two hours of travel), during which she did not hear one update regarding Tesla!!!!! And, I had found a treasure trove of wonderful people, who were more than happy to discuss almost nothing but Tesla, and all things related.

Scannerman
I think my wife usually just humors me when I go on and on about Tesla. :) She didn't wait with me in line, but she did stop by the mall to meet me after I had placed my reservation and she was impressed by the number of people still waiting in line for their turn.

Scannerman
Same here for my fam. I was shushed tonight as I tried to discuss the latest Easter Eggs incl Rainbow Road and Performance mode. Wish I were back in line with people who care...:p