Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show Your Cabin Temp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I live in Houston, TX. I am debating on tinting the Roof or Not. I also tinted the front two windows. Trying to figure out if it makes any difference between Pano Roof Tint and the rear windows as well.

Could you please post the screenshot of your Cabin temp and it helps if you can give details on your window tint and roof tinted or not and if it is parked out side or in garage and what the temp difference was that you noticed before and after tinting.

Here is my Pic, it is in garage for now and It will sit out in the sun once I start going to office in Oct.

Only my front two windows are tinted now.

1629737844184.png

Tinting the rear windows will probably make a bigger difference since, unlike the roof, they do not block IR (or UV)
I live in MN - we get hot weather in the summer but the just by virtue of our latitude the sun is significantly weaker here. Even here I found the roof glass to get very hot to the touch, despite the tinting and IR coating. This heat means there is still significant radiant heating in the cabin from the window.

I got a sunshade from tesmaninan (black mesh with an opaque reflective sliver layer you can add on top) and found that it significantly reduces the cabin heating. I would suggest buying one of these first. It will give you a good idea how much a roof tint will help. (It may even help more than a roof tint since it actually serves as a layer of insulation.)